The Student Room Group

UCAS Mix-up!

I submitted my UCAS application on Friday and received a submission confirmation email right afterwards. This is my second year applying (I decided to take a gap year). This morning (Saturday), I received a UCAS welcome email and a confirmation email from one of the unis that listed my personal ID from *last year's application*!!! Has this happened to anyone else? Did they transmit my application from last year or this year? Super worried that my old personal statement was submitted to unis.
Thanks.
Hello, nothing to worry about. UCAS matched your old record to this years so you don’t have multiple records in the system. The unis will only see the application you submitted this year.
Also, it is important they match your application to last years, just in case you used any part of your personal statement again. You cannot plagiarise yourself.
Original post by DrSmile
Also, it is important they match your application to last years, just in case you used any part of your personal statement again. You cannot plagiarise yourself.

People are allowed to use the same personal statement again if they want to, it isn't against any rules or plagiariam.
Original post by harrysbar
People are allowed to use the same personal statement again if they want to, it isn't against any rules or plagiariam.

Which is why it is important that ucas match applicants with previous applications. It means that when the similarity detection software recognises a match it isn’t flagged to universities.
Normal.

Its to keep all your applications together and does not mean anything sinister.
Unis are not concerned about a previous application, so stop worrying about it.
Original post by harrysbar

That was their point right? - when they say “you cannot plagiarise yourself” they mean copying yourself is not plagiarism

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending