My dad is 5ft 9 and my mom is 5ft 2 why am I 6ft 4?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
None of my grandparents were tall?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to tell you mate...
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
it happens sometimes
for some reason, many friends of my parents who are from the same country as us are really short but MOST of their children outgrow them a lot. Like their mothers are 5'0-5'2 and their fathers are 5'3-5'5 yet their children who are grown up become around 5'4-5'9 (girls) and 5'8-6'0+ (boys). I know those heights aren't incredibly tall but they are in comparison to their parents' heights. Children who are still in primary school are even taller like they're already reaching and surpassing their parents. There was this 12(?) year old girl my parents knew and she was already 5'8 (her parents are short). Don't know why or how, probably because the lifestyle and diet is much better here in the UK than in our country. Unfortunately it didn't happen to me, wish it did though
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hahaha you are funny. I almost dropped laughing.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I'm dead
bhavik_2058
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
mailman strikes again
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Your mum has a giant secret. Literally.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
None of my grandparents were tall
Well..... did you check the paternal side?
nightingalegend
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=axxOKXb14xM
thealphabetsays
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
None of my grandparents were tall?
Have a look at the postman next time you see him
karl pilkington
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
do a dna test also in some people height is expressed differently in genes maybe one of your grandparents who was a female was still above average height
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
It is common, i guess. My parents are 5 foot 2 and 5 foot 4 and i am 6 foot
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Same thing happened to me

Then I found out he’s not my dad.
nightingalegend
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
if not the milkman, the postman…
srijan_p
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Jokes aside, GCSE Biology: genetics are both inherited and impacted by the environment. Though you may not see the cause for it around you, you have clearly benefitted from environmental factors. Welcome to evolution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.86%
Okay (105)
29.58%
A bit lacking (130)
36.62%
Not good at all (85)
23.94%

Watched Threads