kfc7
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello so i'm applying for chemical engineering in the UK. Are those uni choices ok or too risky? I am predicted A*A*A*
Imperial
UCL
Edinburgh
Southampton
Queens University Belfast
Please note that these are rough, the only ones I'm sure about are the first three.
balithebal
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you have a good GCSE record, then you should be fine. Just check you meet all their entry requirements. I mean, you have good A-levels but these universities sometimes have subject-specific requirements. Wishing you the best of luck.
kfc7
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by balithebal)
If you have a good GCSE record, then you should be fine. Just check you meet all their entry requirements. I mean, you have good A-levels but these universities sometimes have subject-specific requirements. Wishing you the best of luck.
Hi
I'm an international student so at IGCSE I got 9988866 in physics arabic math chem bio english pe respectively
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kfc7)
Hello so i'm applying for chemical engineering in the UK. Are those uni choices ok or too risky? I am predicted A*A*A*
Imperial
UCL
Edinburgh
Southampton
Queens University Belfast
Please note that these are rough, the only ones I'm sure about are the first three.
Replace QUB with Manchester.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
UCL isn't that strong for engineering in general and seems to get a lot of complaints from current/former students. It's worth noting the Southampton ChemE course is brand new so hard to gauge how well it will turn out, although it is being spun out of two of the uni's flagship departments (chemistry and engineering). Not familiar with QUB at all, or Edinburgh for that subject specifically. Imperial is very strong unsurprisingly - if you meet the requirements for Imperial you may also want to consider Cambridge (or Oxford, although Cambridge's course focuses on ChemE specifically much sooner than Oxford's, I think).

You might want to also consider Leeds, Aberdeen, or Strathclyde as well - all have good ChemE courses and strong industry links (Leeds leaning towards I think petrochemical and nuclear industries, Strathclyde and Aberdeen unsurprisingly have links to the north sea oil and gas sector).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.37%
Okay (64)
29.77%
A bit lacking (81)
37.67%
Not good at all (52)
24.19%

Watched Threads