I need help finding an app for flash cards!

Watch
dmf19
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For context, spent way too much money buying paper to write flash cards, only to realise that I really don’t work well with them WAY after writing them all (I always fall asleep using paper flash cards, so I’m planning on using online ones to keep myself engaged and awake)

I need advice, what’s the best app to make flash cards with? I need it to be simple to use, no cost, and effective for learning - I’m an iOS GCSE student, I’m fine downloading apps on my iPhone, iPad and I have a windows 10 PC I can download anything on, remember it needs to be 0 cost!!!

I’ve heard about these apps that use active recall and smart learning, or whatever it’s called, how about apps that use those?

Any recommendations will help, I’m very low on free time recently so I can’t look into anything myself!

A_J_B
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dmf19)
For context, spent way too much money buying paper to write flash cards, only to realise that I really don’t work well with them WAY after writing them all (I always fall asleep using paper flash cards, so I’m planning on using online ones to keep myself engaged and awake)

I need advice, what’s the best app to make flash cards with? I need it to be simple to use, no cost, and effective for learning - I’m an iOS GCSE student, I’m fine downloading apps on my iPhone, iPad and I have a windows 10 PC I can download anything on, remember it needs to be 0 cost!!!

I’ve heard about these apps that use active recall and smart learning, or whatever it’s called, how about apps that use those?

Any recommendations will help, I’m very low on free time recently so I can’t look into anything myself!
Anki is the king of flashcard apps
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dmf19)

quizlet & anki !!
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
quizlet half the time you can find decent ones that someone else has already made.
Plagioclase
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anki is the best flashcard app in existence.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
unfortunately anki is not free on iOS
pen_to_paper
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ve just started to use remnote. It’s been rather useful so far- and it’s pretty close to Anki.
dmf19
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do you use anki and remnote? Quizlet looks straight-forward to use, but I just downloaded the PC version of anki and made an account on remnote, and they look slightly confusing to use
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dmf19)
How do you use anki and remnote? Quizlet looks straight-forward to use, but I just downloaded the PC version of anki and made an account on remnote, and they look slightly confusing to use
ankis confusing at first but u basically create decks of cards and then add cards to each deck, as u learn the cards it creates a spaced repetition timetable for u so you'll get the same cards again later on depending on how well u know them its kinda hard to explain so i think u should watch a youtube video on it to get the hang of it x hope this helps sorry if it doesn't make sense
pen_to_paper
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dmf19)
Remnote can be pretty overwhelming but there is a YouTube channel called ‘Remnote’ that has loads of tutorials and you can find the flash card one - probably a 5 minute video. Or you can use their interactive tours on the website and they have instructions. But it’s front >> (type two angle brackets) back or front or back showing<> other side if thag
srijan_p
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
quizlet half the time you can find decent ones that someone else has already made.
Yeah, that's the main reason I really like Quizlet for Spanish. I am often too lazy to make it myself, so the fact someone else has made a most likely accurate set is really useful. Plus an advantage of Quizlet over Anki - Quizlet's new learning mode isn't great but the fact they make you write out the stuff is better for some subjects (for me, Spanish, but also I suppose English Lit could be better off for it?)

Anki is great if you have time and also helps you revisit your terms in time though, but again, doesn't make you write it out like Quizlet.
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The two most popular flash card apps are Quizlet and Anki. I have tried both, and preferred Quizlet. It has more features and is more interactive than Anki. It is also more effective for recall because of the different learning modes, and that you have to type out the answer. On Anki you just click a button to show whether you remembered it or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed