primmy.yy
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i'm going to apply for foundation year for computer science do you guys have any recommendations on which uni should i apply and i'm looking at king's right now.. is it hard to go into undergrad there? can i change uni after i finished the foundation year thankyou
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Don’t apply for a foundation year hoping to switch university. While it’s possible it isn’t easy and offers no guarantees.

A gap year and resitting A levels/taking different A levels will give you far more options and cost far less.
primmy.yy
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
Don’t apply for a foundation year hoping to switch university. While it’s possible it isn’t easy and offers no guarantees.

A gap year and resitting A levels/taking different A levels will give you far more options and cost far less.
but im an international student tho
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by primmy.yy)
but im an international student tho
The same thing applies - especially for a subject like computer science where universities can often refuse to accept a foundation year that they didn't teach themselves.

There are places you could study A levels in a year in the UK for ~£13k - cheaper than most foundation years and more widely accepted (and doesn't eat into your allowed time on an undergraduate student route visa)
primmy.yy
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
The same thing applies - especially for a subject like computer science where universities can often refuse to accept a foundation year that they didn't teach themselves.

There are places you could study A levels in a year in the UK for ~£13k - cheaper than most foundation years and more widely accepted (and doesn't eat into your allowed time on an undergraduate student route visa)
but if i dont change uni its ok right
tortilaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by primmy.yy)
i'm going to apply for foundation year for computer science do you guys have any recommendations on which uni should i apply and i'm looking at king's right now.. is it hard to go into undergrad there? can i change uni after i finished the foundation year thankyou
I am going to apply to King’s next monday, but I will pursue their Global Politics and Social Sciences. Good luck on your application!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.74%
Okay (56)
30.6%
A bit lacking (63)
34.43%
Not good at all (48)
26.23%

Watched Threads