pooja.t
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey so i do economics, comp sci and history at a level
its been like 6 weeks in and i realised i want to do either econ or comp sci at degree level but i need maths a level for it
i didnt take maths a level because i was worried i wouldnt be good enuff for it but now i realised its gonna be hard to apply for unis with that disadvantage - i got a grade 7 in gcse
do u think its too late to switch history to maths now that we r in mid october?
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
if you can show dedication to catching up with the work I don't see why they wouldn't let you swap, their entire purpose is to get you into your desired career so it wouldn't make sense if they didn't let you do maths.
balithebal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No. discuss this with your tutor. The work done in 4 weeks is not a lot to cover. Do as your heart desires.

Wishing you the best of luck.
pooja.t
Rep:
but it’s maths, it’s super difficult. did u do or are u doing maths rn?
balithebal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing maths and I'm predicted an A*. I got a 7 in GCSE. It depends on what kind of learner you are.
Znar
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pooja.t)
hey so i do economics, comp sci and history at a level
its been like 6 weeks in and i realised i want to do either econ or comp sci at degree level but i need maths a level for it
i didnt take maths a level because i was worried i wouldnt be good enuff for it but now i realised its gonna be hard to apply for unis with that disadvantage - i got a grade 7 in gcse
do u think its too late to switch history to maths now that we r in mid october?
I’m 4 weeks into maths A level and we have mostly gone over GCSE content so try swap it now
balithebal
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Znar)
I’m 4 weeks into maths A level and we have mostly gone over GCSE content so try swap it now
Agreed
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Physics would be a good substitute for maths
pooja.t
Rep:
um im probably the ‘ do it fifty times to Dundee stand something’ learner. but my gcse knowledge isn’t the best. like i still have gaps in my knowledge. how have u been finding maths?
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pooja.t)
um im probably the ‘ do it fifty times to Dundee stand something’ learner. but my gcse knowledge isn’t the best. like i still have gaps in my knowledge. how have u been finding maths?
Do you mean 'do it fifty times to understand something' :eyebrow:
pooja.t
Rep:
(Original post by rosy_posy)
Do you mean 'do it fifty times to understand something' :eyebrow:
yes, that was a typo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.86%
Okay (105)
29.58%
A bit lacking (130)
36.62%
Not good at all (85)
23.94%

Watched Threads