How to find new hobbies whilst juggling school

Watch
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently started sixth form and I have realised that my life is incredibly boring compared to others.

My only hobbies are playing my electric bass guitar and twitch streaming (@ zenblrry if anyone is interested) but I want to be able to do some easier hobbies. I tried to do journalling but lost interest and I try to read books but I just don't care about them enough to pick them up again.

What are some easy to pick-up hobbies for a broke teenager?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi! It’s definitely hard to try and incorporate ‘nice things’ to do when you are trying to complete A-Levels. I think find something that you are passionate in and work from there. For example, if you find reading boring maybe it is the books you are reading. Try a different genre?
If you are more artistic/creative, think of hobbies that link to that. Start small and work your way up. Hope that helps
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Making TikTok's lol. Just kidding, I think reading online articles on your favorite subject, going on walks, or researching crimes. Watching new videos on youtube can be one. I personally just like to stare at the stars at night and listen to the wind breezing through my curtains. I know it looks sad, but helps you with stress.
P.S. you don't need to compare how everybody at sixth form is enjoying their life. Not everyone tells the truth.

Wishing you the best of luck.
Paralove
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps pick up a new sport or try the gym? It can take a bit to get into but I've found massive benefits for clearing my head when needed.

What is it about your current hobbies that you enjoy? Maybe try to find new ones that have some similarities, or just give yourself the space to dip in and out fo a few things without pressure to make it stick. I have always enjoyed slightly arty things and tried a small cross stitch in the first lockdown - haven't looked back since and have done some larger projects and picked up another form of embroidery too.
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Paralove)
Perhaps pick up a new sport or try the gym? It can take a bit to get into but I've found massive benefits for clearing my head when needed.

What is it about your current hobbies that you enjoy? Maybe try to find new ones that have some similarities, or just give yourself the space to dip in and out fo a few things without pressure to make it stick. I have always enjoyed slightly arty things and tried a small cross stitch in the first lockdown - haven't looked back since and have done some larger projects and picked up another form of embroidery too.
I've always been interested in having a go at crochet/knitting, might have to buy some of Poundland's £1 yarn and have a go. Honestly, I wish I could draw but I'm so bad it's kind of funny.

Thanks for the advice I'll try and dip into stuff more and put less pressure onto making them into actual hobbies and focus more on whether or not I enjoy them
Paralove
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by renosiie)
I've always been interested in having a go at crochet/knitting, might have to buy some of Poundland's £1 yarn and have a go. Honestly, I wish I could draw but I'm so bad it's kind of funny.

Thanks for the advice I'll try and dip into stuff more and put less pressure onto making them into actual hobbies and focus more on whether or not I enjoy them
Honestly those or like Etsy or hobbycraft kits are a really good place to start bc it's kinda determined for you what you're making! Crochet is a good one - and it's the kind of thing you can sit with the radio or telly on too.

I'd like to get into sketching a bit - I loved art at school and was pretty okay, but I had no choice but to drop it for French GCSE (and I ended up doing a languages degree so it worked out), but sometimes when it's up to you it's hard to get into those things, and even more so when it actually requires you to do it regularly to get good lol.

Best of luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.61%
Okay (119)
29.31%
A bit lacking (155)
38.18%
Not good at all (93)
22.91%

Watched Threads