Lacrimosa1
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to get into medicine but I'm still stuck on which subject I should choose.
I will definately do Chemistry and Biology but I'm not sure if I should pick Maths or Physics as my third?
What do you suggest?
VeryAverage
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Maths w/o a doubt. Physics is (for me) a much harder A-Level, and maths lets you keep your options open in case you wanna switch to bio-chem, engineering or something else.
Last edited by VeryAverage; 1 month ago
renosiie
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
adding to what veryaverage said, if you did physics you'd most likely need maths as well. When sixth forms tell you that it's possible to do physics A Level without maths, most of them are lying
user342
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lacrimosa1)
I want to get into medicine but I'm still stuck on which subject I should choose.
I will definately do Chemistry and Biology but I'm not sure if I should pick Maths or Physics as my third?
What do you suggest?
I'd suggest maths, because maths is broader and if you pick physics, you'll need maths knowledge for some of it, while the maths won't need physics (there is a bit of mechanics but that is taught properly, whereas some schools might not teach the maths needed in physics). However, both are great subjects
Lacrimosa1
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks a lot. You're all awesome!
Bernsdette
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lacrimosa1)
What do you suggest?
choose maths its not possible to do physics without maths and you clearly don't wanna do 4 a levels so stick with chem, bio and maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads