personal statement help (biomed, biochem, neuroscience)

Watch
Wonkagenius
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone. So, I am currently writing my personal statement for BioMed Science. I wanna apply at St Andrews but they only do biochem and neuroscience; there is no biomedsci option. So, I was wondering how likely i am to get an offer at St Andrews for biochem/neuroscience if my PS is tailored for biomed with some paragraphs about genetics, neuroscience, and pharmacology? can i write and send them a second personal statement? my predicted grades are a*a*a*a* and my GCSE grades are all 9s. All I'm concerned about is my PS. Thanks a lot!!
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wonkagenius)
Hey everyone. So, I am currently writing my personal statement for BioMed Science. I wanna apply at St Andrews but they only do biochem and neuroscience; there is no biomedsci option. So, I was wondering how likely i am to get an offer at St Andrews for biochem/neuroscience if my PS is tailored for biomed with some paragraphs about genetics, neuroscience, and pharmacology? can i write and send them a second personal statement? my predicted grades are a*a*a*a* and my GCSE grades are all 9s. All I'm concerned about is my PS. Thanks a lot!!
You can't write them a second PS, but honestly the PS you write should be good for any of the courses you mentioned, I imagine-they're all on pretty similar topics.
Wonkagenius
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QuentinM)
You can't write them a second PS, but honestly the PS you write should be good for any of the courses you mentioned, I imagine-they're all on pretty similar topics.
Are you sure? I heard St Andrews puts a lot of emphasis on the personal statement, but I’m not sure if good predicted grades and olympiad results would make up for a defective personal statement

Thanks for the reply btw I really appreciate it
Last edited by Wonkagenius; 4 weeks ago
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
You could contact them and ask what their thoughts are on a biomed PS? There will be overlap between those subjects (although more biochem than neuro).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.67%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.67%
Finding the motivation (32)
26.67%
Getting distracted (16)
13.33%
Procrastination (49)
40.83%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise