nadiashokka
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm hoping to apply to study law at UCL, KCL, Leeds, QMUL and Southhampton (as my safety)My predicted grades are A*A*A and I got 5 A*s and 4 As at GCSE, I think I have a strong personal statement but it could be better, and I am yet to do the LNAT. Are my choices realistic or am I over/under aiming ??Thx
Dominininc
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Southampton is probably quite a high aim for a 'safety' the entry requirements are AAA so if you were to drop one grade from your predictions which is very possible you wont get in. There are still some really high ranking law depts at universities with AAB entry requirements which would be a better insurance such as Lancaster and Cardiff IMO.
meisgreat27
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
R u serious😭 w 3 A*s u could get in anywhere
nadiashokka
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Dominininc)
Southampton is probably quite a high aim for a 'safety' the entry requirements are AAA so if you were to drop one grade from your predictions which is very possible you wont get in. There are still some really high ranking law depts at universities with AAB entry requirements which would be a better insurance such as Lancaster and Cardiff IMO.
Hi, sorry yea I forgot to mention I also do the EPQ and am predicted an A*, which would lower my entry requirement for Southhampton to AAB - also not sure if this is relevant but I'm an international student which apparently some unis prefer since I would be paying higher fees. I've looked into Lancaster and my only issue with it is it's quite far from an airport - which is something that's quite important for me, and I haven't really looked into Cardiff, but I will do so now TYSM x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.78%
Okay (106)
29.61%
A bit lacking (130)
36.31%
Not good at all (87)
24.3%

Watched Threads