The Student Room Group

Year 13's - have you applied to uni yet???

I haven't yet but wondering who has
I know some people have had to due to a deadline for their course e.g. medicine or if they want to go to either Oxford or Cambridge
Just wondering when I should?

Scroll to see replies

I have, for Cambridge Maths.
do asap because they give out offers on 1st come 1st serve sometimes. i applied for med - king's, aston, st andrews's, plymouth, southampton
Original post by charfreemannn
do asap because they give out offers on 1st come 1st serve sometimes. i applied for med - king's, aston, st andrews's, plymouth, southampton

I've never heard of universities giving offers on a first-come, first-serve basis, is this specific to medicine?
Original post by Throwaway48
I've never heard of universities giving offers on a first-come, first-serve basis, is this specific to medicine?

nope, they don't do that for medicine. but they do for some courses e.g. psychology. my friend applied a few weeks ago and already has an offer so... take that as you will
nope, they don't do that for medicine. but they do for some courses e.g. psychology. my friend applied a few weeks ago and already has an offer so... take that as you will

Universities don't give out offers on a first-come-first-served basis, any application submitted before 6pm on 26th Jan will have equal consideration. Some universities start giving out offers/looking at applications earlier than others but that doesn't mean they're trying to fill their spots as soon as possible :smile:
Original post by flaurie
Universities don't give out offers on a first-come-first-served basis, any application submitted before 6pm on 26th Jan will have equal consideration. Some universities start giving out offers/looking at applications earlier than others but that doesn't mean they're trying to fill their spots as soon as possible :smile:

well, why give out offers if you haven't received all applications? that does make it seem like their trying to fill their spots tbh
not all of them do that obviously
Yes
well, why give out offers if you haven't received all applications? that does make it seem like their trying to fill their spots tbh
not all of them do that obviously

Universities get thousands of applications per year (Manchester got 63k applications in 2017!), it would take far more manpower to process all of them in a Feb-May timeframe than from Sep-May :smile: (Plus surely you'd want to know what/where you're going to be next year so you can sort stuff before your exams in June?) They've been doing this for a long time, I'm sure they know what they're doing :wink:
My school's deadline is middle November.Currently working on my Personal.BTW, what universities did you all apply to and which course?
I’ve applied. My recommendation is apply as soon as you can (unless your an art or creative course obvs). Then you will slowly start receiving offers. Also once the application is out of the way you can focus on exams and the work that will get you the grades.
So in answer to your questions, apply as soon as your application is ready to go. If you only know a few of the courses you apply to apply for, add them to ucas and submit it. You can add the others in later when you have decided.
I applied at the end of September and have had 2 offers back so far. Some universities get back to you faster than others but once you’ve applied at least they have your application.
ye
Reply 12
I haven’t yet and I’m doing film production. I am blaming it on the fact my school hasn’t helped me much at all. I would say the sooner the better although the deadline is in January.
Please guide me what process for A-level other thing if I apply any primary school one stag for job I get it job or i need any course help me please

Nope. Not true at ALL. Everyone who applies before the deadline receives equal consideration.
My internal deadline was 15th october but i still hv it… its finished just needs into the office
I have not applied yet as my circumstances could be considered differently. However, I have made all the preparations, such as finalising my personal statement and starting to fill in the actual application.

I am completing an Acess to Higher Education Diploma in nursing and as I started last month, I can not get an adequate reference from my provider until I have completed 5 units, which I will have done by the 25th November, so I will send my application off most likely then.
What way applied year 13’s
What way apply year13’s tell me
I would encourage you to send your UCAS application as soon as possible, I am just finalising my personal statement and will do the same. Sending the applications in now will allow unis to respond promptly and give offers.

Quick Reply

Latest