aesamira
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Whats the best revision method for the subject?

Also does anyone have any good resources/websites/book recommendations that could help me to get better at coding in python?
TQRL
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I use a mix of resources, mainly: Isaac Computer Science, Physics and Math Tutor (has AQA and OCR only), CraignDave, and Computer Science for more in-depth detail on certain topics. As for Python, I'd recommend Automate The Boring Stuff and Tech With Tim.
Composure
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
With the Python side of things, these are some good free resources:
  • Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (course and book) - the author makes the course free at the start of every month
  • Corey Schafer (YouTube channel)
  • mCoding (YouTube channel)
  • sentdex (YouTube channel) - look for his Python 3 Programming playlist
  • ArjanCodes (YouTube channel) - does intermediate OOP videos
  • Tech With Tim (YouTube channel) - his recent content is good
  • Real Python (video and article tutorials)
  • r/learnpython (Reddit)
  • Python (Discord server)

I would recommend not spending money on a course when there is a limitless amount of free video content on the internet. Although, If you really want to buy a book/PDF I would recommend the No Starch Press ones.

Also, do not waste your time learning Python 2 as support for it ended at the start of 2020. Stick to Python 3.6+ material.
aesamira
Rep:
(Original post by TQRL)
I use a mix of resources, mainly: Isaac Computer Science, Physics and Math Tutor (has AQA and OCR only), CraignDave, and Computer Science for more in-depth detail on certain topics. As for Python, I'd recommend Automate The Boring Stuff and Tech With Tim.
tysm!!
aesamira
Rep:
(Original post by Composure)
With the Python side of things, these are some good free resources:
  • Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (course and book) - the author makes the course free at the start of every month
  • Corey Schafer (YouTube channel)
  • mCoding (YouTube channel)
  • sentdex (YouTube channel) - look for his Python 3 Programming playlist
  • ArjanCodes (YouTube channel) - does intermediate OOP videos
  • Tech With Tim (YouTube channel) - his recent content is good
  • Real Python (video and article tutorials)
  • r/learnpython (Reddit)
  • Python (Discord server)

I would recommend not spending money on a course when there is a limitless amount of free video content on the internet. Although, If you really want to buy a book/PDF I would recommend the No Starch Press ones.

Also, do not waste your time learning Python 2 as support for it ended at the start of 2020. Stick to Python 3.6+ material.
tysm for all the resources, i'll have a look at them all now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.89%
Okay (105)
29.66%
A bit lacking (129)
36.44%
Not good at all (85)
24.01%

Watched Threads