Fatimamashal306
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I am planning to study Child nursing at university in 2022 if anyone has done this course, Could you please give me some experience of the course like are you enjoying it or is it hard etc.?
mhz12345
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’m currently in year 12 and I’m reading upon child nursing.. I was just wondering what A levels are you currently doing for child nursing. Apologise for not being able to answer your question, but I do think there are some YouTube videos on uni students who are doing child nursing..maybe watching a few might help you picture an idea of how the course is??
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fatimamashal306)
Hello, I am planning to study Child nursing at university in 2022 if anyone has done this course, Could you please give me some experience of the course like are you enjoying it or is it hard etc.?
Nursing is difficult in a different way to other degrees - instead of having loads of deadlines (like my first degree), my nursing degree (adult - but this also applied to other fields) involved a few big assignments and the placements to pass.
Theory tends to be in blocks, where you can have contact time anything from 2 days to 5 days a week.
Placement could involve 5x 9-5 days (community), or shift work. Shifts vary; my hospital (England) does 13 hour days and 12 hour nights; some other places do 12.5hr day/night shifts; some places do splits e.g. 6-2, 2-10, 10-6. Placements are with the healthcare providers linked to the university - this can be the local health board in Scotland, in England it's the local hospital and community services.
Emily_B
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mhz12345)
Hi, I’m currently in year 12 and I’m reading upon child nursing.. I was just wondering what A levels are you currently doing for child nursing. Apologise for not being able to answer your question, but I do think there are some YouTube videos on uni students who are doing child nursing..maybe watching a few might help you picture an idea of how the course is??
Each university states different things for requirements (and are all NMC accredited). Some, like Liverpool, prefer Biology as one of 3 A levels; others such as Manchester have a list of alternatives including sociology and psychology; others such as Chrster and Salford ask for 3 A levels with no subject requirements.
rierareem
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You got any unis in mind that ur applying to?
Fatimamashal306
Rep:
(Original post by rierareem)
You got any unis in mind that ur applying to?
Hi, thank you so much for replying, in may 2021 I finished my sixth form and at the moment I am in my gap year for doing Access to HE diploma in nursing and learning to drive a car as you know Unis can be far away. I am applying to either Middlesex university, University of west london, Kingston university, London south bank and city university of london if possible.
Fatimamashal306
Rep:
Hi, thank you so much for replying, in may 2021 I finished my sixth form and at the moment I am in my gap year for doing Access to HE diploma in nursing and learning to drive a car as you know Unis can be far away. I am applying to either Middlesex university, University of west london, Kingston university, London south bank and city university of london if possible.
The reason why I am doing access to HE diploma in nursing is because in sixth form collage I didn't achieved good grades for A-levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads