How do I obtain past papers for my maths gcse resit in a few weeks?

Watch
alfieisgood
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just started year 12 but I have to resit my maths gcse in November, although I've never really revised properly before so I don't know where to start. My teacher as well as a lot of others have said to do past papers, however I have no idea how I'm supposed to get a past paper, is there an online one I can do? Someone please help, starting to worry lol
Chillfae
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hii, you could download resit past papers for free via your awarding exam body- as I done this in the past with SQA.Not sure about the English awarding exam body but I believe it shouldn't be any different. Good luck for your resit exam ps dependant on what level in GCSE you're wanting to resit, you could easily download National 5 which is the equivalent of A-B grade in the top tier: https://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm
Dylan8421
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
P&M tutor: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...rs/gcse-maths/

P&M tutor is a great place to find past papers, if you do not know what exam board or level your GCSE will be then ask a teacher.

All you have to do is search " GCSE maths past papers (your exam board)"
Last edited by Dylan8421; 1 month ago
j.naija
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alfieisgood)
Just started year 12 but I have to resit my maths gcse in November, although I've never really revised properly before so I don't know where to start. My teacher as well as a lot of others have said to do past papers, however I have no idea how I'm supposed to get a past paper, is there an online one I can do? Someone please help, starting to worry lol
Hey, I’m sure you can still source them online, I don’t know if that’s changed now but when I did my GCSEs (2019) you could.

Try physics and maths tutor
Revisionmaths
MathsGenie
Corbettmaths
Maths made easy
Save my exams

Literally the best way to revise maths is mainly doing tons and tons of maths past papers. Depending on what exam board you do there should be 3 papers, so by doing the full series of 3 papers for each year you should cover pretty much all the curriculum. On maths genie it shows you the grade level for each topic, so that’s a good way to know the topics of the different difficulty level questions, if that makes sense?
Like for example trigonometry is I think around a grade 7 topic, whilst calculating velocity time graphs is like a grade 8. So Yh, as well as doing the past papers, also use maths genie and the other websites listed to practice past questions per topic!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads