The Student Room Group

meeting boyfriends family

I have a boyfriend who is so sweet and kind and I'm meeting his family this weekend and he is worried I would like them. they have the impression I'm posh just because of the area I live in and they way I talk they smoke inside and swear where as I didnt grow up lile that. I'm scared if what if I don't like them or come arvoss rude since I am shy. I'm worried since they already have an ides of me in their heads
Original post by Macie765
I have a boyfriend who is so sweet and kind and I'm meeting his family this weekend and he is worried I would like them. they have the impression I'm posh just because of the area I live in and they way I talk they smoke inside and swear where as I didnt grow up lile that. I'm scared if what if I don't like them or come arvoss rude since I am shy. I'm worried since they already have an ides of me in their heads

honestly my ex's family were identical. They probably will like you as long as you're kind and down to earth like you don't talk badly of their home and stuff. Maybe make a few jokes and you'll feel more at home. Your boyfriend sounds really sweet so I'm sure he'll defend your corner.

Are you OK around smoke. I know it can affect people
Moved to relationships forum, hopefully this helps get you some more replies :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by josie71202
honestly my ex's family were identical. They probably will like you as long as you're kind and down to earth like you don't talk badly of their home and stuff. Maybe make a few jokes and you'll feel more at home. Your boyfriend sounds really sweet so I'm sure he'll defend your corner.

Are you OK around smoke. I know it can affect people

im ok with it. my boyfriend does it so I guess. my parents don't smoke or drink so I didn't grow up like him. his mum sounds so nice its just different to how I grew up
Original post by Macie765
im ok with it. my boyfriend does it so I guess. my parents don't smoke or drink so I didn't grow up like him. his mum sounds so nice its just different to how I grew up

honestly I understand that. I grew up around a lot more money than my ex and I worried about meeting his family but they were so nice. Just relax about it
Reply 5
Just be you! That’s all you can do. I’m sure they will love you. After all you’re their sons love. So think about the positives as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending