Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Fire alarm in some halls seems so sensitive that it can be set off by anything, even dusts from vacuum cleaning. I can't count how many times have there been false alarms for the past two months.
Ford Sierra
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just ignore it, get some noise cancelling headphones
Aspstudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Happened to me last night, woke up every time it went off and barely got good sleep.
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the fire alarm at my uni goes off every Wednesday(?) at like 9 am. It's really annoying since there's one in my room and one in the corridor and kitchen -it literally gives me a massive shock everytime it goes off.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Part of the halls experience.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by heart2you)
the fire alarm at my uni goes off every Wednesday(?) at like 9 am. It's really annoying since there's one in my room and one in the corridor and kitchen -it literally gives me a massive shock everytime it goes off.
WOW that's must be horrid
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ford Sierra)
Just ignore it, get some noise cancelling headphones
No, you are required to leave your flat to the assembly point
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That's probably a weekly fire alarm test, which I imagine they are legally required to carry out. I think OP meant random activations from other things...
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
That's probably a weekly fire alarm test, which I imagine they are legally required to carry out. I think OP meant random activations from other things...
oh yeah it is a weekly test but it still scares me so much
Anonymous #1
oh yeah it is a weekly test but it still scares me so much
They shouldn't be doing this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads