Blainer
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
/deleted(
Last edited by Blainer; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
It's slightly noticeable, but doesn't and shouldn't matter in any way.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
neither of these two images provide a reasonable comparison of the two photos in them, but i can tell which is the before and the after, so it is obvious, but not shocking
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The change is quite noticeable. But due to the difference in clothing, it’s hard to tell whether the change is significant or not.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Blainer)
How do you notice, since it's obvious then?

You write it's quite noticable, so I would just like to point out the most noticeable, if you don't mind.
The arm, given that it’s not covered by clothing.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
These are two pics of me, two years ago and current. I know I've put on weight, but I have no idea how much. I've never been one to weigh myself, really, so I never paid much attention to it. But I see in older pics and new ones, that I have put on quite a few... but for others: how noticeable is it?
Yeah, you've stacked it on, love. Very noticeable.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's very noticable
HoldThisL
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How do you notice, since it's obvious then?
yes (??) i said it is obvious, and suggested that the comparison is making it less clear
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for the reply. I tried finding my arm without clothes in it, here's from '18, last year and this year.
It looks like maybe 10-20kg of extra weight from 2018 (not a weight expert though so my assumption could be off by a few kg).
Satori Tendō
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's noticeable to me. The pictures on the left side you look normal, on the right you look like you gained weight tbh. I don't know if this is offensive, it depends on the person so I'll apologise in advance.
Within my circle we can tell each other if we think our weight is unhealthy but I know that for others it's not like that and can be insulting but In the kindest way possible maybe start monitoring your weight from now on? Don't let it escalate any more and cause problems in the future
Blainer
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
It's very noticable
Thank you for an honest reply, though I wouldn't mind if you were more specific.

(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
It looks like maybe 10-20kg of extra weight from 2018 (not a weight expert though so my assumption could be off by a few kg).
All right, this was a helpful reply: thank you.

(Original post by Satori Tendō)
It's noticeable to me. The pictures on the left side you look normal, on the right you look like you gained weight tbh. I don't know if this is offensive, it depends on the person so I'll apologise in advance.
Within my circle we can tell each other if we think our weight is unhealthy but I know that for others it's not like that and can be insulting but In the kindest way possible maybe start monitoring your weight from now on? Don't let it escalate any more and cause problems in the future
Thank you for being more specific in going into details. It's not offensive at all to me, by any means. I appreciate honesty, and posting it here is to get some real honest feedback.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It is very noticeable.
Are you sure that the weight gain is completely down to fat and overeating rather than muscle gain plus putting on some weight due to dietary changes?
Blainer
Rep:
(Original post by londonmyst)
It is very noticeable.
Are you sure that the weight gain is completely down to fat and overeating rather than muscle gain plus putting on some weight due to dietary changes?
I think a lot of this has to me being less active, exercising less and indulging in food and partying. I've been doing some exercise, but nothing compared to how I was in my teenage years.
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It is very noticeable, you look like you've gained like 25 pounds.
Last edited by Moonlight Rain; 1 month ago
VannR
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Somewhere between 30-40lbs. It's very obviously noticeable.
Redfrost
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It’s a little noticeable but in the second pic you are wearing yellow/brighter colour/different clothing which will make you look bigger
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for an honest reply, though I wouldn't mind if you were more specific.
You look at least 1.5 times bigger (sorry if that comes across as mean but you did ask...)
Blainer
Rep:
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
It is very noticeable, you look like you've gained like 25 pounds.
(Original post by VannR)
Somewhere between 30-40lbs. It's very obviously noticeable.
Both very obvious, without pointing out anything, really. Is it just the arms?
Blainer
Rep:
(Original post by black tea)
You look at least 1.5 times bigger (sorry if that comes across as mean but you did ask...)
Oh, I just appreciate you being honest about it. Your estimate in terms of the gain seems somewhat higher than others though. Where does it seem most noticeable, if anything specific? Don't worry, I don't get offended
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Both very obvious, without pointing out anything, really. Is it just the arms?
Yes and overall you just look larger.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (34)
9.83%
Okay (102)
29.48%
A bit lacking (126)
36.42%
Not good at all (84)
24.28%

Watched Threads