Do universities make decisions before the deadline

Watch
pierredumay
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I am a French student applying for Oxbridge as well as other universities. I have sent my UCAS application a few days ago because it was the Oxbridge deadline. My question is: do non-Oxbridge universities make decisions before the deadline (in January) or do they wait for it before replying to the applications? In my case, I applied for KCL, UCL, LSE & Warwick. Thanks!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pierredumay)
Hello, I am a French student applying for Oxbridge as well as other universities. I have sent my UCAS application a few days ago because it was the Oxbridge deadline. My question is: do non-Oxbridge universities make decisions before the deadline (in January) or do they wait for it before replying to the applications? In my case, I applied for KCL, UCL, LSE & Warwick. Thanks!
Yes, sometimes they even issue offers before 15th October :lol:
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pierredumay)
Sometimes they do but in certain subjects like Law they make most of their offers after the January deadline, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything by the end of the year.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, you will not necesarily know about the other Unis before you know about your Oxbridge applicatiion.
Universities have until May to make all decisions on applications submitted by January 26 - see https://www.ucas.com/ucas/events/fin.../type/key-date
You do not have to make any decision about any offers until June and whilst you may wish to have all of this sorted out earlier, the reality is likely to take much longer.
pierredumay
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks a lot for your answers
srijan_p
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, they can give you offers basically whenever they feel like it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads