Want to move out of my student house

Watch
anetara
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently living with my uni friends, but being in my last year of uni I want to get work done and they all seem to keep me up at night and getting drunk. I don't want to drink anymore and want to focus on uni but it has made it impossible for me to be at home so I am always at the library. They are very close friends and I am scared of them not wanting to be my friends anymore if I tell them I want to move out. I would just prefer to live alone. But doing it in the middle of the year is stressful too and need someone to take over my tenancy. Any advice?
sunny_01
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Be honest and tell them how you feel if they’re your real friends they’ll understand
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anetara)
I am currently living with my uni friends, but being in my last year of uni I want to get work done and they all seem to keep me up at night and getting drunk. I don't want to drink anymore and want to focus on uni but it has made it impossible for me to be at home so I am always at the library. They are very close friends and I am scared of them not wanting to be my friends anymore if I tell them I want to move out. I would just prefer to live alone. But doing it in the middle of the year is stressful too and need someone to take over my tenancy. Any advice?
Hi! anetara

I would speak to your housemates now about the issue. The earlier you sort things the more likely you'll get something sorted without it being awkward. You might have to compromise, so maybe offer how many nights a week you would be comfortable with them having pres etc.

If you're still set on moving out then I would speak to your university housing team. They might be able to put you in a group with other students looking for a housemate or someone wanting to fill your tenancy. Then just be honest with the people you are looking to move in with that you like quiet nights in and to focus on your work, as there will be similar people to you.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
8.9%
Okay (57)
29.84%
A bit lacking (67)
35.08%
Not good at all (50)
26.18%

Watched Threads