What jobs do you all go into?

Watch
GogetaORvegito?
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all. This is a weird open question. I'm not trying to follow the herd, but I am curious to see what career our generation tend to go into.
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
YouTuber
Francesca22
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
-Social Media Influencers
-Medical careers are popular
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
(Original post by Proxenus)
YouTuber
That's gonna have to stay as a side hustle for a while tho realistically
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
(Original post by Francesca22)
I feel like Social media influencers are something people do on the side. Hopefully they can one day just be a full-time social media influencer. But no one out of the gate is going to be living on that influencer life straight away. Not to sound too disheartening. I know a friend who wanted to become Prime Minister and ended up just pursuing medicine instead to become a doctor. Life just hits you like a reality truck...
Last edited by GogetaORvegito?; 1 month ago
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Management consulting but I did a few different jobs before hand
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GogetaORvegito?)
I am curious to see what career our generation tend to go into.
How do I know which generation you belong to? You could be a boomer.
sabana
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Something in the civil service probably try a few different roles and see what I enjoy
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Francesca22)
Do you think about us? Cause I do, think about you, when I'm up here in my hotel room
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
How do I know which generation you belong to? You could be a boomer.
I'm 18 on a gap year
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
(Original post by Moonlight Rain)
Do you think about us? Cause I do, think about you, when I'm up here in my hotel room
eh?
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm 18 on a gap year
Fair enough. I’m 18 too. I know some people who are doing modelling or being “influencers” but a lot of my friends are studying computer science at university. I’m personally studying dentistry to become a dentist.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Academia

I am almost twice your age, however
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
Fair enough. I’m 18 too. I know some people who are doing modelling or being “influencers” but a lot of my friends are studying computer science at university. I’m personally studying dentistry to become a dentist.
Oh, I was also about to study Computer Science, but I just couldn't listen to any of my lecturers, so I dropped out. But dentistry eh? Hope it doesn't get too lonely then. I know it takes a while before becoming a dentist, and it can be really hard, so good luck!
DecoyFerret
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Control systems, logistics, retail and now cyber. If I was 18 again, I go with neuroscience and force my way in into research somewhere.
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh, I was also about to study Computer Science, but I just couldn't listen to any of my lecturers, so I dropped out. But dentistry eh? Hope it doesn't get too lonely then. I know it takes a while before becoming a dentist, and it can be really hard, so good luck!
Thanks! I have 5 years ahead of me right now. There is a lot of work for dentistry but it’s been manageable so far.
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sales advisor because that 25% employee discount is necessary in life.
GogetaORvegito?
Rep:
(Original post by gjd800)
Academia

I am almost twice your age, however
Oh what do you teach sir?
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh what do you teach sir?
philosophy, religion, indology, in the main
username4591444
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Design / academia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.17%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.85%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.78%
Finding the motivation (32)
27.12%
Getting distracted (15)
12.71%
Procrastination (49)
41.53%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads