Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got a 3rd in my second year of uni, and I really want to work hard and get a 2:1 at the end of my degree (I know after I messed it all up), I need advice on if I can do that and what grades would I essentially need in my third year? Also my uni weights 2nd and 3rd year 50/50 so that’s not that great for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What was your actual percentage for second year as that will make a huge difference to the calculation?

(For example:
If it was 40% you’ll need to get an average of 60% in third year to get a 2:2 and an average of 80% to get a 2:1.

If it was 49% you need an average of 51% in third year to get a 2:2 and an average of 71% to get a 2:1.)

Are there any additional caveats in the classification calculation for your university or is it simply a 50/50 split?
Was there any reasons for your low grades in second year that will not be there in third year.
To get up to a 2:1 from a third will be a huge jump tbh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.84%
Okay (55)
30.39%
A bit lacking (62)
34.25%
Not good at all (48)
26.52%

Watched Threads