Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Watch
Poll: Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?
Yes, and I've sent off my application! (329)
56.34%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (85)
14.55%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (65)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (53)
9.08%
I haven't started researching yet (30)
5.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
3.77%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's uni application time!

If you're thinking about applying to uni, one of the first big decisions is what your want to study and where you want to study it. How are you finding this decision?

Is there anything you're struggling with when thinking about where you want to go?

Or are you completely set and know which choices you want to add to your application?

Let us know!

If you need some help with researching, we have a handy GoogleSheets template you can download and make a copy of here to help.

From this Monday-Thursday, we also have experts on hand to help you with any uni application questions you have! Head on over here and ask yours now >>
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
ive got some ideas about the unis i wanna apply to, and i know what courses i wanna do, but im only struggling to whittle it down to just 5
TheOGKaran
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've applied to Oxford and UCL but will add in the other choices later
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by eternaldevotiion)
ive got some ideas about the unis i wanna apply to, and i know what courses i wanna do, but im only struggling to whittle it down to just 5
It's so hard isn't it! It's great you have some ideas however.

We have some experts on hand this week to help with exact questions like this - why don't you pop this question in here and they can give you some great advice? >> https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7108152

(Original post by TheOGKaran)
I've applied to Oxford and UCL but will add in the other choices later
Amazing, good luck with your application! Great decision to add choices in later, as it gives you a bit of leeway and some more time
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you’re sure about 2 or 3 then you can apply now to those and add the rest after Christmas
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have to take a gap year due to health problems. I know what course I wanna do but can't decide the unis, I'll definitely apply to Oxford and I'm thinking maybe UCL, Warwick and Bath
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you’re sure about 2 or 3 then you can apply now to those and add the rest after Christmas
dont you have to send ur completed application all at the same time tho
psiguy
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
dont you have to send ur completed application all at the same time tho
u can still add choices after you’ve sent, provided you have not sent 5/5
plain__jane
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have decided on 4 but still researching to get the last one
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've decided on 3 and plan to send my application off as soon as personal statement completed and add another two later.

It is delayed just now as I have been waiting for my teacher to give me feedback, but they havent looked at anyones yet and they have all now been passed to another teacher. I want their feedback and to polish it up before submitting to TSR PS review forum. Just wish they would hurry up!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet
my school's internal deadline is end of nov
bit nervous abt my choices being finalised :afraid:
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
Gavin bains
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlackLab)
I've decided on 3 and plan to send my application off as soon as personal statement completed and add another two later.

It is delayed just now as I have been waiting for my teacher to give me feedback, but they havent looked at anyones yet and they have all now been passed to another teacher. I want their feedback and to polish it up before submitting to TSR PS review forum. Just wish they would hurry up!
can you give me the link to the TSR ps review forum please
thomasdao
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think it's not that much important
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gavin bains)
can you give me the link to the TSR ps review forum please
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1083

I havent used it yet, if you look at this link, near the top of the page there is a link for submitted statements.

Be very careful to submit to the place where they are not displayed publicly on the forum or you need to rewrite the whole thing!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.52%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.04%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.12%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.25%
Getting distracted (22)
14.97%
Procrastination (55)
37.41%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads