The Student Room Group

Returning mature student finance & funding

I was directed here after posting a funding & finance related question on the UCAS thread.
I'm a bit confused about the Funding & Finance section on UCAS. The question says, "What will be your main source of funding for your studies? Select an option from the drop-down list to tell us how you expect to pay for your tuition fees. Most applicants from the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and the EU will be in the category UK, ChI, loM, or EU student finance."

I'm a mature student who is applying to university after dropping out some years ago. I was at university for 2 years before dropping out meaning that I used up 2 years of the tuition fee loan. Therefore, only 3 out of the 4 years of my prospective course will be eligible for the tuition fee loan. This means that during the first year, I will have to fund the tuition fee myself. However, I'm still eligible to receive the maintenance loan during this year.

Therefore, I'm unsure of how to answer this question. If I select the "UK, ChI, loM, or EU student finance" option, will it still be acknowledged (by the university and SFE) that my first year tuition fee will be self-funded?
Original post by fluffymochi
I was directed here after posting a funding & finance related question on the UCAS thread.
I'm a bit confused about the Funding & Finance section on UCAS. The question says, "What will be your main source of funding for your studies? Select an option from the drop-down list to tell us how you expect to pay for your tuition fees. Most applicants from the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, and the EU will be in the category UK, ChI, loM, or EU student finance."

I'm a mature student who is applying to university after dropping out some years ago. I was at university for 2 years before dropping out meaning that I used up 2 years of the tuition fee loan. Therefore, only 3 out of the 4 years of my prospective course will be eligible for the tuition fee loan. This means that during the first year, I will have to fund the tuition fee myself. However, I'm still eligible to receive the maintenance loan during this year.

Therefore, I'm unsure of how to answer this question. If I select the "UK, ChI, loM, or EU student finance" option, will it still be acknowledged (by the university and SFE) that my first year tuition fee will be self-funded?

Hi there, I advise you to contact UCAS for help completing their application form.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending