Not wanting to live in a student house

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in first year uni at the moment, living in halls. I’m thinking of where to live next year. Everybody is talking about sharing houses with other students but I am not keen on doing that.
I am a slight bit older than other students, which I think is the reason as to why I like to have my own space. I am very much my own independent person and thrive much more in a place of my own.
I am thinking that living in an apartment next year would be much better for me which is the option I’ll probably pursue, but I am interested to see if anyone else is the same? This probably isn’t the usual path people take at uni but is/was anybody else not one hundred percent on living with other students?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.
I've lived alone in private rental accomodation for several years and will never go back to rented houseshares.
Good luck!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am in first year uni at the moment, living in halls. I’m thinking of where to live next year. Everybody is talking about sharing houses with other students but I am not keen on doing that.
I am a slight bit older than other students, which I think is the reason as to why I like to have my own space. I am very much my own independent person and thrive much more in a place of my own.
I am thinking that living in an apartment next year would be much better for me which is the option I’ll probably pursue, but I am interested to see if anyone else is the same? This probably isn’t the usual path people take at uni but is/was anybody else not one hundred percent on living with other students?
Hi!

I can completely understand you and everyone is different in what they prefer. If this is what you think will be best for you then go for it.
It might be a bit cheaper if you were to live with another person or two to split the costs.
I would contact your university housing team and they might be able to get you in contact with similar people in your situation if you felt like you wanted to live with other people.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.7%
Okay (56)
30.43%
A bit lacking (63)
34.24%
Not good at all (49)
26.63%

Watched Threads