lawstudentkmt
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
okay so i want to apply to a prestigious university for 2022 to study law, either durham university, a red brick or kings college university. however i only have 5 gcse and they want a 6 in maths. but i am predicted a*aa for my a levels . But i live in a hostel and have no support from anyone so i have been told i have a good chance of getting a contextual offer. do you think they will care so much about my maths when they realize my home situation ?? or is there no point
Anonymy0us
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Definitely apply to them if your predicted a level grades are that high
heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
wait are you saying that you have 5 gcses, or that you got a grade 5 in maths?

either way, unis tend to be very strict in terms of meeting the gcse requirements, and those generally will not change with a contextual offer, however you should try contacting the unis and explaining your extenuating circumstances and see what they say. they will be able to give you a much more concrete answer than anyone here.

are you currently resitting gcse maths?
Last edited by heccyeah; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you do not meet a specific GCSE requirement, its the quickest way to get a swift rejection.
Either retake the GCSE this year, or apply somewhere else.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I agree, contextual eligibility doesn’t usually affect GCSE requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads