rubyrichardson
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am doing EPQ this year and I'm not sure what topic to choose. The three topics I'm interested in are DID (dissociative identity disorder) or the psychologically behind domestic abuse. I'm not sure which to choose and I'm having trouble coming up with a question/ working title for the topics. Could someone help me decide which is the best topic to do and what the question should be?
Last edited by rubyrichardson; 1 month ago
EOData
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
They're all big topics so you need to pick quite a small focus of one of them for your EPQ. Are you interested in why these things occur? how early diagnosis can help? strategies for living with them?
Cote1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Brainstorm each one to narrow down the topic. Keep all this as it is evidence for your log of how you decided on a title. Look how much research there is available and how many relevant scholarly articles there are on each area. Maybe choose the one you are most interested in. It needs to be a title which there is enough research on and which enables you to show some good analysis but one that is not too broad. 5000 words soon get used up.
rubyrichardson
Rep:
(Original post by EOData)
They're all big topics so you need to pick quite a small focus of one of them for your EPQ. Are you interested in why these things occur? how early diagnosis can help? strategies for living with them?
would "why, psychologically, is it so hard for people to leave abusive relationships?" be a good question or is it still to broad? also is there a better way i could word it?
username4933106
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rubyrichardson)
would "why, psychologically, is it so hard for people to leave abusive relationships?" be a good question or is it still to broad? also is there a better way i could word it?
Way too broad
beccasneyd
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am doing EPQ this year and I'm not sure what topic to choose. The three topics I'm interested in are DID (dissociative identity disorder) or the psychologically behind domestic abuse. I'm not sure which to choose and I'm having trouble coming up with a question/ working title for the topics. Could someone help me decide which is the best topic to do and what the question should be?
Hiya, I’ve just finished my EPQ based around psychology, the biggest tip to get a good grade is to make your title a question, for instance ‘to what extent is DID caused by traumatic life experiences’. I was told you should be doing something that couldn’t just be looked up on google, it needs to be a conclusion based on your own/compiled from others research
username4933106
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thestudent107SWC)
Way too broad
Maybe try a to what extent question
rubyrichardson
Rep:
Way too broad
ok. what about, for DID, "why are women more likely to have DID than men?" ?
username4933106
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ok. what about, for DID, "why are women more likely to have DID than men?" ?
Still way too broad
rubyrichardson
Rep:
Still way too broad
another person said "to what extent is DID caused by trauma?"
rubyrichardson
Rep:
Still way too broad
"why do same sex relationships experience more domestic abuse than heterosexual relationships?"?
rubyrichardson
Rep:
Way too broad
"how can trauma caused by domestic abuse affect a childs psychological development?"?
Cote1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
"why do same sex relationships experience more domestic abuse than heterosexual relationships?"?
First you need to show that they do. Then answer the question. With an introduction, conclusion and possible abstract I think this will be hard in 5000 words.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.75%
Okay (106)
29.53%
A bit lacking (131)
36.49%
Not good at all (87)
24.23%

Watched Threads