Dropping out of uni. Anxious and lost

Watch
Charlottebish
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. This September I started uni and a mental health nursing degree . Since day one I have felt my mental health going down. I cry all the time I don't enjoy food. I'm anxious all the time. So I'm going back for a week. However I really think I'm gonna drop out. I'm 21 in a month. And I feel super lost and anxious rn.
I know I wanna help people but I just have no joy anymore and I wanna leave uni but I'm so scared becuase then I'm just lost again. Back to square 1 at 21!! Most people my age r graduating and I'm at home crying becuase I just don't know what to do anymore. I've applied to a few support worker roles but I just don't know . What if my anxiety and health doesn't get better dispute leaving uni?

I'm just so scared . Help me .
BFrench501
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Charlotte, I'm feeling the same way albeit for probably much different reasons. Perhaps we need to boost each other somehow to fight through this dark time...

I'll drop you a DM
Style Climate 2
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Charlottebish)
Hello. This September I started uni and a mental health nursing degree . Since day one I have felt my mental health going down. I cry all the time I don't enjoy food. I'm anxious all the time. So I'm going back for a week. However I really think I'm gonna drop out. I'm 21 in a month. And I feel super lost and anxious rn.
I know I wanna help people but I just have no joy anymore and I wanna leave uni but I'm so scared becuase then I'm just lost again. Back to square 1 at 21!! Most people my age r graduating and I'm at home crying becuase I just don't know what to do anymore. I've applied to a few support worker roles but I just don't know . What if my anxiety and health doesn't get better dispute leaving uni?

You're nearly 21? What have you been doing the past few years
charfreemannn
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what are u scared about
Elizabeth00
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nursing degrees are really difficult - mine we have 3 weeks left in classroom then we move to practical skills hang in there
Jasmine244
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m glad I’m not alone, I feel the exact same as you do. I’ve just started uni too and I’m seriously debating dropping out already. I’m certain that I don’t enjoy it and I’m not interested in my course, which I have already changed once before, but I just don’t know what to do. I also cry literally every night before uni and I’ve been really anxious since I started, though I’ve never suffered from anxiety before. The only thing that’s making me second guess myself is the fact that I don’t have a clue what I’d do with my life right now if I didn’t go to uni, but I know I don’t want to carry on the way I am now. Have you done anything about it yet, or do u plan on doing anything? Xxxx
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Is a mental health nursing degree, if so, cant your modules help
Jaaferrrr!!!
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is a mental health nursing degree, if so, cant your modules help
Shut up
Charlottebish
Rep:
(Original post by Jasmine244)
I’m glad I’m not alone, I feel the exact same as you do. I’ve just started uni too and I’m seriously debating dropping out already. I’m certain that I don’t enjoy it and I’m not interested in my course, which I have already changed once before, but I just don’t know what to do. I also cry literally every night before uni and I’ve been really anxious since I started, though I’ve never suffered from anxiety before. The only thing that’s making me second guess myself is the fact that I don’t have a clue what I’d do with my life right now if I didn’t go to uni, but I know I don’t want to carry on the way I am now. Have you done anything about it yet, or do u plan on doing anything? Xxxx
Hey 👋 I'm currently back home weighing up my option however I pretty sure for my health which comes first I'm going to leave univercity. It's just not for me. I'll get a job else where X good luck XX look after yourself
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hey 👋 I'm currently back home weighing up my option however I pretty sure for my health which comes first I'm going to leave univercity. It's just not for me. I'll get a job else where X good luck XX look after yourself
If its the studying stressing u out, maybe an apprenticeship is better
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

you are doing the right thing don't compare yourself to other people
goo0sebumps
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

do not drop out..
Jasmine244
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m glad you’re putting yourself first, I think I’ll end up following in your footsteps 😬 I hope everything works out for you xxxx
Charlottebish
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
If its the studying stressing u out, maybe an apprenticeship is better
Yes it's not the work load. It's just the life of uni it's very isolating and I wasn't ready for it.
My health got bad and I lost so much weight I'm gonna leave I was happy when I had a job.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Yes it's not the work load. It's just the life of uni it's very isolating and I wasn't ready for it.
My health got bad and I lost so much weight I'm gonna leave I was happy when I had a job.
Cant you commute from home
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.52%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.04%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.12%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.25%
Getting distracted (22)
14.97%
Procrastination (55)
37.41%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads