The A.G
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don’t quite understand the solution in the ms, what I have done is find the gradient of the perpendicular line which is sin(theta)/cos(theta) and then negative reciprocal to find the line RP which gives -cotName:  4A642550-4260-430E-85DE-283DAA65E5F9.png
Views: 8
Size:  125.4 KBName:  39F3D2E4-71D3-4A5D-B34F-A5EF4C807B97.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  56.4 KBName:  4D8993DE-7F5C-4699-8D27-9B66CDB90525.png
Views: 6
Size:  102.8 KB
Last edited by The A.G; 1 month ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The A.G)
I don’t quite understand the solution in the ms, what I have done is find the gradient of the perpendicular line which is sin(theta)/cos(theta) and then negative reciprocal to find the line RP which gives -cot
Check your diagram - have you marked theta correctly? A quick look suggests it is 90 - theta
The A.G
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Check your diagram - have you marked theta correctly? A quick look suggests it is 90 - theta
My bad, you’re right.

How would deduce that it’s 90-theta quickly.I used quadrilateral, or similar triangles but both takes long in my opinion
Last edited by The A.G; 1 month ago
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by The A.G)
My bad, you’re right.

How would deduce that it’s 90-theta quickly.I used quadrilateral, or similar triangles but both takes long in my opinion
If you draw the line from Q to the x-axis it's clearer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
9.01%
Okay (65)
29.28%
A bit lacking (83)
37.39%
Not good at all (54)
24.32%

Watched Threads