Arkxhero
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am planning to do a BSc in computer science and my 5 choices are the following:

Birmingham AAA
Southampton(Mathematics with CS) AAA or AAB w/EPQ grade A
QMUL AAB
Loughborough AAB
Royal Holloway ABB-AAB

My A levels are maths, FM and geog and I feel my predicted grade is going to be AAC where the C is in FM. Would I even get a conditional offer?
lalexm
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Arkxhero)
I am planning to do a BSc in computer science and my 5 choices are the following:

Birmingham AAA
QMUL AAB
Loughborough AAB
Royal Holloway ABB-AAB

My A levels are maths, FM and geog and I feel my predicted grade is going to be AAC where the C is in FM. Would I even get a conditional offer?
You might, but it is a bit of a risk as your predicted grades do not meet the requirement for any of them, so there is a chance that you will get zero offers. Nothing wrong with having a couple of aspirational choices, but you probably want at least a couple of choices that are at or below your predicted.
heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i agree with the other poster - it is possible you could get offers from them but you don’t really want all of your choices to be above your predictions. if you could find like even just one course that you like that you meet the requirements for, that would probably be better. of course another option is to try and work to get that C up to a B if you think you can.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
With AAC you need at least one choice of ABC/BBB/BBC or 120 UCAS points.
Two AAA choices is far too risky as those are highly competive Unis and you are two grades below their requirements.

Suggestions :
UEA - https://www.uea.ac.uk/course/undergr...puting-science
Sussex - https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/under...er-science-bsc
Aston - https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/course...september-2022
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Arkxhero)

Birmingham AAA
QMUL AAB
Loughborough AAB
Royal Holloway ABB-AAB

One approach is to apply initially with only 3-4 choices and add the other/s after you've hopefully had some responses (but before the deadline in January). For example, if RHUL rejected you then you would definitely need to go lower.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads