Growing after 16?

Watch
RetroSPECT3.0
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm a 17 year old guy at around 5'10 (177-178), do I have any more years of growth, maybe get to 6 foot if I drink milk everyday + excercise? My parents are 5'5 and 5'8/5'9 (mother and father respectively)
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
possible but not guaranteed

you've probably left it too late for environmental factors (ie drinking more milk and exercising) to impact your growth noticeably so just live your life and see
rosy_posy
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why would drinking milk make someone taller 😂
RetroSPECT3.0
Rep:
(Original post by HoldThisL)

you've probably left it too late for environmental factors (ie drinking more milk and exercising) to impact your growth noticeably so just live your life and see
So sleep and excercise won't affect it much?
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This is random but I can just tell you take maths with the “respectively” and also swimming helps grow
RetroSPECT3.0
Rep:
(Original post by 8728)
This is random but I can just tell you take maths with the “respectively” and also swimming helps grow
Yeah i take maths a level- fair play! and so does regular swimmjng and stretching help add on a couple inches by 21?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RetroSPECT3.0)
Yeah i take maths a level- fair play! and so does regular swimmjng and stretching help add on a couple inches by 21?
Yeah same I take it to 😂
And yeah it’s ment to help swimming and stretching
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8728)
I say 'respectively' and I don't do maths A-level 😂
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rosy_posy)
I say 'respectively' and I don't do maths A-level 😂
Hmm where did you pick it up from 😂 and I haven’t started saying it because it’s in so many math questions
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8728)
Hmm where did you pick it up from 😂 and I haven’t started saying it because it’s in so many math questions
Reading formal publications 😩
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm a 17 year old guy at around 5'10 (177-178), do I have any more years of growth, maybe get to 6 foot if I drink milk everyday + excercise? My parents are 5'5 and 5'8/5'9 (mother and father respectively)
I stopped growing at 20. At 16 i was 5’11, i steadily grew about an inch a year till now (I’m 6’4 atm but don’t think I’m moving past that)
RetroSPECT3.0
Rep:
(Original post by N. Auditoré)
I stopped growing at 20. At 16 i was 5’11, i steadily grew about an inch a year till now (I’m 6’4 atm but don’t think I’m moving past that)
how tall are your parents?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Bruh I'm 18 and only 5'8. I did grow by around 7 cm in the past 2 years tho
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

It doesnt. Source: I drank a lot of milk and I'm still short.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
It doesnt. Source: I drank a lot of milk and I'm still short.
height is affected by external factors, such as diet and exercise, as well internal factors (genetics) so while drinking milk alone will not put you in contention for a spot on the Lakers, it is part of a relevant set a things a parent might consider if they were preoccupied with having their children grow 'big and strong'
rosy_posy
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
height is affected by external factors, such as diet and exercise, as well internal factors (genetics) so while drinking milk alone will not put you in contention for a spot on the Lakers, it is part of a relevant set a things a parent might consider if they were preoccupied with having their children grow 'big and strong'
Lol what 😂
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Reading formal publications 😩
New it would be something academic 😂
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how tall are your parents?
I’m taller than both, mum is 5’10 and dad is 5’11
thomasdao
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, definitely.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads