Can I write about my brother´s illness in my exam essay?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, for my English exam I have to submit a descriptive essay in a portfolio, and my teacher told me to choose a topic like best/worst experience of my childhood because you can often write passionately/convincingly about something like that.

My older brother has had anorexia and has had to go to hospital. This was quite some years ago but it affected me a lot. Hence, I thought I could write my essay about how the chaos surrounding my brother´s illness affected me. However, I feel really bad because I feel like I could be exploiting my brother´s illness in order to get a good grade. My brother also used this topic for his essay some years ago. Would it be okay if I used it too?
Tutor_Durrel
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes you can, In fact in my own understanding and expertise it would make the best essay
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tutor_Durrel)
Yes you can, In fact in my own understanding and expertise it would make the best essay
Thank you for your advice. I think I´m choosing that topic now
Tutor_Durrel
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes go ahead, I can also be of help in proofreading if you wish
Anonymous #1
Yes go ahead, I can also be of help in proofreading if you wish
Thanks so much! That would be really helpful especially as English isn´t my first language. However, right now I´m just jotting down some ideas and trying to write a draft.
Tutor_Durrel
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Okay, I will be waiting just hit me up
Anonymous #1
Okay, I will be waiting just hit me up
Thanks, I will.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.17%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.85%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.78%
Finding the motivation (32)
27.12%
Getting distracted (15)
12.71%
Procrastination (49)
41.53%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads