A level economics and business struggling

Watch this thread
kikomi
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi guys, i'm so stressed about my essay skills in my year 12 mocks got C in business and C in economics, this week i did assessment in the class, and i have done so bad but i actually did a revision and teachers don't even support me or help me, my essay skills are so low, the minimum marks i get in 20 marker is 8 or 6 like i keep asking teacher for help and they are just like can't be bothered to help me. I really want to get an A minimum, idk if it's possible. Please help me x.
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Is it essay technique/structure you need help with? (I did A level business last year)
kikomi
Rep:
(Original post by SB1234567890)
Is it essay technique/structure you need help with? (I did A level business last year)
Yes like teacher keep saying is too general my essay and what am i supposed to write. it would be great if you help me.
SB1234567890
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by kikomi)
Yes like teacher keep saying is too general my essay and what am i supposed to write. it would be great if you help me.
we were taught (for AQA)
- 9 marks= 2x PEACH paragraphs
- 16 marks= 2x PEACH and AJIM (conclusion)
- 20 marks= 2x PEACH, with E, A and C in more depth, and AJIM
- 25 marks= same as 20 marks and third PEACH if you have time

PEACH stands for:
Point of the argument
Explain reason for arguing the point (create an analysis chain)
Apply to case study or real life business (or both), depending on the wording of the question
Context, linking to the external environment (PESTLEC)
However (evaluation)

AJIM stands for
Answer the question
Justify your answer
It depends on
Most important factor

Hope this makes sense and helps in some way'
I'm happy to answer any other questions you have
vidi2020
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Hi guys, i'm so stressed about my essay skills in my year 12 mocks got C in business and C in economics, this week i did assessment in the class, and i have done so bad but i actually did a revision and teachers don't even support me or help me, my essay skills are so low, the minimum marks i get in 20 marker is 8 or 6 like i keep asking teacher for help and they are just like can't be bothered to help me. I really want to get an A minimum, idk if it's possible. Please help me x.
which exam board are you on for economics? I can help if we have same exam board cus I'm predicted an A for ucas
kikomi
Rep:
(Original post by SB1234567890)
we were taught (for AQA)
- 9 marks= 2x PEACH paragraphs
- 16 marks= 2x PEACH and AJIM (conclusion)
- 20 marks= 2x PEACH, with E, A and C in more depth, and AJIM
- 25 marks= same as 20 marks and third PEACH if you have time

PEACH stands for:
Point of the argument
Explain reason for arguing the point (create an analysis chain)
Apply to case study or real life business (or both), depending on the wording of the question
Context, linking to the external environment (PESTLEC)
However (evaluation)

AJIM stands for
Answer the question
Justify your answer
It depends on
Most important factor

Hope this makes sense and helps in some way'
I'm happy to answer any other questions you have
Thank you, I'm doing (edexcel) I will try to use this technique
kikomi
Rep:
(Original post by vidi2020)
which exam board are you on for economics? I can help if we have same exam board cus I'm predicted an A for ucas
My exam board is ocr, what did you got in economics?
vidi2020
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
My exam board is ocr, what did you got in economics?
Im doing ocr too!!! I can totally help
I got A in economics for UCAS like I said
kikomi
Rep:
(Original post by vidi2020)
Im doing ocr too!!! I can totally help
I got A in economics for UCAS like I said
Omg that's sooo great, I need help with essay, as you know my English isn't first language and the last essays questions were based in English something and economics knowledge, all I struggle is essay and some topics like it takes take to get head around
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads