jray204
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi there,

I am looking to apply this year for a competitive Aerospace Engineering course, however my Physics Predicted grade is nowhere near ideal. The reason behind this is I got a D in my Year 12 June Mock. The class average for this mock was an E, as we had just changed exam board 1 month prior to the exam, and as a result had to learn a brand new topic (Quantum Particles). I also did not revise nearly as much as I should have, concentrating time on my overly demanding EPQ. (Building an autonomous self-landing rocket). I understand how bad of a decision this ended up being, however there are some positives. Throughout Year 12 I consistently scored above 75% on class tests, reaching 94% by the end of the year. And our year just did another Physics Mock in September as an extra to make up for what happened in June. I revised for this and managed to get an A. We have also had an A2 class test since then where I also scored an A. Yet my predicted remains a C. I understand why this is, but I feel it's unjust, especially considering the September mock was to 'make up' for Year 12. I was not allowed to resit the Year 12 mock, only people who got an E or U were allowed to. We have an A2 mock coming up in November, however I feel doing well in this will only at most predict me a B. I am going to have a conversation with my teachers tomorrow, but is this a reasonable request I have? To ask for an increase by 2 grades with the aforementioned context? I know I can achieve well in my final A2 Exam, but the predicted is vital for my uni applications. What do you think?
Last edited by jray204; 3 months ago
Dominininc
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
speak to your ucas referee and tell them what youve said here.
jray204
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Dominininc)
speak to your ucas referee and tell them what youve said here.
Alright
jray204
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Update: Its now November, I have done 2 more A2 class tests and one more mock. In both other 2 class tests I scored an A, and in the November A2 mock I scored a B. Yet the predicted hasn't changed whatsoever.
Dominininc
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jray204)
Update: Its now November, I have done 2 more A2 class tests and one more mock. In both other 2 class tests I scored an A, and in the November A2 mock I scored a B. Yet the predicted hasn't changed whatsoever.
Speak to your ucas referee they can change it. Based on that evidence.
jray204
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Dominininc)
Speak to your ucas referee they can change it. Based on that evidence.
Indeed! It seems the printout I got this week wasn't updated and it is now an A! Happy me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.89%
October 2021 (194)
46.08%
November 2021 (43)
10.21%
December 2021 (56)
13.3%
January 2021 (46)
10.93%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.26%