URGENT - Need to make an excuse for a declined payment.

Watch
username5850386
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi TSR (I make accounts every now and then for questions only, not one of those trolls, I'm a regular lurker).

So I use a dating app, tried getting a month trial so I could see who liked me (10 people), didn't work for some reason. Then I got a call from my bank that the payment was declined. I don't want my parent's to know that I'm using dating apps (mentioned in the phone call), was really nervous. The call was not a scam.

I need an excuse. I made the payment through PayPal which is linked to my debit.

I'm very nervous in case it wasn't obvious. Need to know what to say to my dad before tomorrow.
Last edited by username5850386; 1 month ago
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
So you need to make an excuse to your dad or to the bank?
username5850386
Rep:
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
So you need to make an excuse to your dad or to the bank?
My dad...
username5850386
Rep:
I don't like to bump but I need to do it here, sorry.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by milknnuts99)
My dad...
Literally anything else.
Does it have anything to do with him? Why will he find out?
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
username5850386
Rep:
Literally anything else.
Does it have anything to do with him? Why will he find out?
The phone call mentioned who I paid to, in this case, the dating app.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The phone call mentioned who I paid to, in this case, the dating app.
Yes, but why would your dad know that?
Did he take the phone call?
How old are you?
username5850386
Rep:
Yes, but why would your dad know that?
Did he take the phone call?
How old are you?
He picked it up when I told him to leave it. Yes. I'm 18.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He picked it up when I told him to leave it. Yes. I'm 18.
Then why did the bank speak to him if he’s not the person on the account?
Desideri
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Was it your card or your dad’s?
username5850386
Rep:
Then why did the bank speak to him if he’s not the person on the account?
It was automated voice call.

(Original post by Desideri)
Was it your card or your dad’s?
Mine.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Mine.
So what did you say to your dad about it already?
username5850386
Rep:
So what did you say to your dad about it already?
I lied to him that I didn't make the payment. He's now guessing that someone has had access to my account.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I lied to him that I didn't make the payment. He's now guessing that someone has had access to my account.
Well by lying you’ve made this into a bigger issue than it should have been.
Not really sure how you can backtrack on that now without just telling him the truth.
username5850386
Rep:
Well by lying you’ve made this into a bigger issue than it should have been.
Not really sure how you can backtrack on that now without just telling him the truth.
If I told him the truth, he'd go mental. My mum would find out too.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If I told him the truth, he'd go mental. My mum would find out too.
So instead he thinks what? That someone’s hacked your account?
username5850386
Rep:
So instead he thinks what? That someone’s hacked your account?
Maybe, I don't think he sees it that way. I could tell him that it was a bug in the system?
srijan_p
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The deeper you dig yourself into this hole, the harder it'll be to get out. You should tell the truth while you can.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe, I don't think he sees it that way. I could tell him that it was a bug in the system?
So he thinks that your bank is compromised??
Just be honest with it. There’s no other way that you get out of this.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just tell him you remembered what the payment was for and that the phone call came out of the blue and caught you off guard. What you tell him the payment was for is your business.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads