The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Cancer Biomedicine 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi All! I noticed there hasn't been a thread for cancer biomed applicants yet so I thought I'd show a bit of agency and make one myself :smile: I've sent my application off a week ago, and the wait is killing me haha, idk if I can survive much longer.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by confusedlol157
Hi All! I noticed there hasn't been a thread for cancer biomed applicants yet so I thought I'd show a bit of agency and make one myself :smile: I've sent my application off a week ago, and the wait is killing me haha, idk if I can survive much longer.

hey! I’m currently doing this course so if you have any questions I’m happy to help! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by emmacharl
hey! I’m currently doing this course so if you have any questions I’m happy to help! :smile:

Hi! I applied for this course last week and was wondering how long you had to wait after applying to get a response?
Original post by cmf2907
Hi! I applied for this course last week and was wondering how long you had to wait after applying to get a response?

I applied in mid October and got my offer my end of November / December time i think. Although a lot of people i know had to wait until like April to hear back! It’s pretty random so it’s hard to guess when you’ll hear back
I applied in mid October and got my offer my end of November / December time i think. Although a lot of people i know had to wait until like April to hear back! It’s pretty random so it’s hard to guess when you’ll hear back

Hey! what we’re ur predicted if you don’t mind me asking?
Original post by confusedlol157

hey i’ve also applied for that!! It’s my 5th option, after all my medicine choices so i’m really scared because it’s not really a safe option in itself 😭
Original post by lilyfrost
Hey! what we’re ur predicted if you don’t mind me asking?

A* Biology
A* Chemistry
A* Graphic Design
A Maths

Although my actual results were
A* Biology
A* Graphic Design
A Maths
B Chemistry

So I think as long as your grades are above the offer AAB you're good :smile:
A* Biology
A* Chemistry
A* Graphic Design
A Maths

Although my actual results were
A* Biology
A* Graphic Design
A Maths
B Chemistry

So I think as long as your grades are above the offer AAB you're good :smile:

Thank you so much!! that should be good then. Are you enjoying it?
Thank you so much!! that should be good then. Are you enjoying it?

So much! First year is mostly foundations in biology so you cover general biomedical sciences instead of focusing on cancer, but within small group teachings and tutorials there’s still a lot of opportunities to learn about cancer! UCL is such a great place to be as well and there’s countless things to get involved with such as societies or just generally exploring London :smile: we’ve had a few labs so far and i really enjoyed them all! The professors are also brilliant
So much! First year is mostly foundations in biology so you cover general biomedical sciences instead of focusing on cancer, but within small group teachings and tutorials there’s still a lot of opportunities to learn about cancer! UCL is such a great place to be as well and there’s countless things to get involved with such as societies or just generally exploring London :smile: we’ve had a few labs so far and i really enjoyed them all! The professors are also brilliant

that’s so good! do you know anyone who’s done the course who wanted to do medicine but choose it as a fifth option?
Hii, would like to know if there is a limit on the number intake of international students for cancer biomed UCL?
anyone got offers or heard back yet?
Reply 12
anyone got offers or heard back yet?

Not yet! I’ve applied for this and medicine at UCL and I’m wondering if anyone knows how likely they are to give offers for both courses?
Original post by cmf2907
Not yet! I’ve applied for this and medicine at UCL and I’m wondering if anyone knows how likely they are to give offers for both courses?

i’m so glad u applied for med too so did i! not for ucl tho. I was worried about having a medicine personal statement- i really hope it won’t be an issue
Reply 14
i’m so glad u applied for med too so did i! not for ucl tho. I was worried about having a medicine personal statement- i really hope it won’t be an issue

I think it’s quite a common fifth choice so hopefully it won’t make too much of a difference! The modules for the first year or two seem pretty similar for both courses too so I’m sure our personal statements will fit well for both!
Original post by christy309
Hii, would like to know if there is a limit on the number intake of international students for cancer biomed UCL?

I don't think there is- most people on the course are international students so im pretty sure there's no limit :smile:
that’s so good! do you know anyone who’s done the course who wanted to do medicine but choose it as a fifth option?

so many people doing the course applied for medicine then came to do this instead. there's quite a few of my friends who are aiming for graduate entry medicine and some who started doing medicine, didn't enjoy it and switched to cancer biomedicine :smile:
Reply 17
Has anyone heard back yet? I know UCL have started to send out offers for other courses!
Original post by cmf2907
Has anyone heard back yet? I know UCL have started to send out offers for other courses!

i haven’t :frown:
Hello!! Has anyone heard after UCAS closure last week?

Quick Reply

Latest