A-level Chemistry Study Group 2022

Watch this thread
Poll: Which exam board are you taking for your Chemistry A-level?
AQA (43)
50%
Edexcel (10)
11.63%
OCR (29)
33.72%
WJEC (4)
4.65%
Other (0)
0%
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Welcome to the A-level Chemistry Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 3 months ago
Evil Homer
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
PMT - Chemistry Revision
Save My Exams - Past Papers
Chemrevise
SnapRevise
Seneca
Allery Chemistry - Youtube
MaChemGuy (OCR) - Youtube
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
yess..first one!
Bookworm_88
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
OCR A
Urrgh..there are bits I like and don't like e.g I like organic, but hate mass spec and IR spec :mad: I like bits of phys chem. just not some of the maths heavy stuff
So far nothing with A2, it's mainly just bits of AS i've forgotten

PMT, MME, Save My exams, OnlineChemistryTuition (they actually do good practice papers..rather than tuition!) A* Chemistry notes, Chemrevise
Evil Homer
Rep:
(Original post by Bookworm_88)
OCR A
Urrgh..there are bits I like and don't like e.g I like organic, but hate mass spec and IR spec :mad: I like bits of phys chem. just not some of the maths heavy stuff
So far nothing with A2, it's mainly just bits of AS i've forgotten

PMT, MME, Save My exams, OnlineChemistryTuition (they actually do good practice papers..rather than tuition!) A* Chemistry notes, Chemrevise
Welcome

Will add your list of resources to the list tomorrow morning!
radioactiveduck
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
exam board: OCR A
bits of the course i’m struggling with: literally most of it lol, especially nmr spectroscopy and infrared spectroscopy, when to use which equations, even like converting units
bits of the course i’m confident with: Kp/Kc equations and units, the very basic atoms and ions stuff
online resources: seneca, snaprevise cheatsheets, past papers
Bookworm_88
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by radioactiveduck)
exam board: OCR A
bits of the course i’m struggling with: literally most of it lol, especially nmr spectroscopy and infrared spectroscopy, when to use which equations, even like converting units
bits of the course i’m confident with: Kp/Kc equations and units, the very basic atoms and ions stuff
online resources: seneca, snaprevise cheatsheets, past papers
SAmE, I hate the spectroscopy stuff. But it always comes up on the exam so 🥲
Last edited by Bookworm_88; 7 months ago
radioactiveduck
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
SAmE, I hate the spectroscopy stuff. But it always comes up on the exam so 🥲
haha fr ! i literally have an assessment in a couple days where apparently it’s a major focus, so i’ve wisely decided to pretend it ✨doesn’t exist✨
username5444612
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
> What exam board are you on?
Edexcel
Organic chem, once I learnt all the mechanisms/ reaction conditions it just stayed in my head
Equilibrium (acid+base, gas) and Kc/Kp calculations. We're doing A2 content really fast so I haven't gotten a chance to look over it this year yet

Chemrevise, allery chem on youtube, PMT for past paper questions
Bookworm_88
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Machemguy (for OCR) is ssoo good.. does really thorough videos and practice paper walkthroughs
Student5cience
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Anyone wanting to study pharmacy here ? If so message me to join the pharmacy forum
Rara345
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Exam board- edexcel
Bits I’m feeling confident with- structure and bonding, organic is slowly (very slowly) clicking, energetics 2
What areas I’m struggling with- I get very confused working out what a compound is from chemical tests, which comes up quite a lot also kinetics 2 and quantitative and modern analytic techniques.
Resources: Allery chemistry, Physics and Maths tutor.

Chem is definitely my weakest subject so hopefully I’ll improve with the help of this thread and get the A/A* I need!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
edexcel
most of it
ugh i hate organic chem lol. way too much content. as well as group 4,chemical tests, etc chemistry stuff. im not good at memorizing it all
Last edited by Obolinda; 7 months ago
Bookworm_88
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
edexcel
most of it
ugh i hate organic chem lol. way too much content. as well as group 4,chemical tests, etc chemistry stuff. im not good at memorizing it all
organic is such an L. Honestly!!!
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you guys for all the resource suggestions! They have been added in now How is everyone's studying going?
sn512
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
> What exam board are you on? AQA
> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with? Mostly physical chem, inorganic chem

> What areas are you struggling with a little? The whole organic part

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare? Not really
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by sn512)
> What exam board are you on? AQA
> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with? Mostly physical chem, inorganic chem

> What areas are you struggling with a little? The whole organic part

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare? Not really
Organic chemistry is hell especially with all the naming of substances, their skeletal form, isomers and just remembering everything overall so I feel you
Bookworm_88
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
Organic chemistry is hell especially with all the naming of substances, their skeletal form, isomers and just remembering everything overall so I feel you
How are you finding physical chem?
Skeletal is chill
Same...isomers aarrgh
Talkative Toad
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
PMT - Chemistry Revision
Save My Exams - Past Papers
Chemrevise
SnapRevise
Seneca
Allery Chemistry - Youtube
MaChemGuy (OCR) - Youtube
There's uplearn and tailored tutors too I think (I don't use this). Study mind is also good.
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
How are you finding physical chem?
Skeletal is chill
Same...isomers aarrgh
Organic chemistry is hell wish we didn't have to do free radical whatever it is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
66.33%
No (44)
22.45%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.22%

Watched Threads