A-level Economics Study Group 2022

Watch this thread
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Welcome to the A-level Economics Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Advance Information

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 3 months ago
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP
username5832083
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I wish I chose politics instead of this subject; no matter what I do, my essays aren't good enough for my teacher.
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi everyone,

The Advanced Information for exams is out now! Take a look at our TSR Advance Information Megathread for more information and advice. We also have exam boards taking student questions in the thread. Have a look - it's a great opportunity to make sure you understand what you need to revise and put you in a good position to do well in your exams.

Advance Information

Good luck!
Anonymous 12321
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Aspstudent)
I wish I chose politics instead of this subject; no matter what I do, my essays aren't good enough for my teacher.
I understand your pain, I am great with content but horrible with essays. No matter where I look, I can't find ways to improve.
SiberianLIGER
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I would recommend trying to find a clear structure to present your essay. My teachers advocate two main points each with a diagram and an evaluation of equal length as a sort of counter point. 9 of the 25 marks for Edexcel are for evaluations. A good diagram can also snatch you up to four marks if it comes with a good explanation. Also remember to give definitions of key concepts as those are also worth marks. Finally, a conclusion to round out your argument and give your own opinion.At the end of the day it will just take practice. I have used both past AS and A level questions to use as practice. If you can find the time to do some it might aid you.Hope this helps!
KSD1403
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi everyone. I am doing a level edexcel economics and i am struggling with the 25 mark essays. I am averaging 16-18/ 25 marks in my answers. One particular part i am struggling with is fully developing the arguments that i present; I'm unsure how to recognise the point where i have fully developed my argument. Does anyone have any advice or instruction on how to go in to good detail without waffling? Thanks any help or guidance would be much appreciated on how to consistently access the higher level/ quality of essays.
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed that you’ve posted recently in the Economics forum and wanted so say hello! I wanted to show you some of the most useful threads on site at the moment to help you with your revision.

Want to talk about your specific exam? Check out these threads and talk to other students studying now.

Edexcel Economics Paper 1

Edexcel Economics Paper 2

Edexcel Economics Paper 3

Looking for another exam? Find yours on the A-level Exam Thread Directory.

Let me know if there’s anything you need extra support with.

Cheers,

Mythical Pingu

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by crashcody)
x
(Original post by c_hindle1204)
x
(Original post by HampEvans454)
x
(Original post by narabarrrr)
x
(Original post by arthurofrats)
x
(Original post by Ben-stx)
x
(Original post by Lunama245)
x
(Original post by MahiPatel)
x
(Original post by Matt200317)
x
(Original post by musti127)
x
(Original post by pinkdoughnut11)
x
(Original post by psychologyhater)
x
(Original post by sivan10)
x
(Original post by stuffpeople)
x
(Original post by 15minrahm)
x
(Original post by aliyah004)
x
(Original post by Anonymous 12321)
x
(Original post by Cant.be.asked)
x
(Original post by Ebiwibi234)
x
(Original post by en8827)
x
(Original post by grovsey)
x
(Original post by jackski!!)
x
(Original post by Janeska)
x
(Original post by jazzy-23)
x
(Original post by Jenna.l)
x
(Original post by joel29s)
x
(Original post by kayrzed)
x
(Original post by KSD1403)
x
(Original post by Liliette)
x
(Original post by losteenager15)
x
(Original post by Lujxin.)
x
(Original post by ma37g)
x
(Original post by manaclo)
x
(Original post by MouldyVinegar)
x
(Original post by rimalakp)
x
(Original post by SiberianLIGER)
x
(Original post by skootpooter)
x
(Original post by studentLuna)
x
(Original post by suppa hot)
x
(Original post by Taz.)
x
(Original post by Ti12)
x
(Original post by vintrevor)
x
(Original post by wt1014)
x
gracieex
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)
Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed that you’ve posted recently in the Economics forum and wanted so say hello! I wanted to show you some of the most useful threads on site at the moment to help you with your revision.

Want to talk about your specific exam? Check out these threads and talk to other students studying now.

Edexcel Economics Paper 1

Edexcel Economics Paper 2

Edexcel Economics Paper 3

Looking for another exam? Find yours on the A-level Exam Thread Directory.

Let me know if there’s anything you need extra support with.

Cheers,

Mythical Pingu

Spoiler:
Show

Hi can you please make this years a level economics threads for aqa too!
lemono666
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would recommend trying to find a clear structure to present your essay. My teachers advocate two main points each with a diagram and an evaluation of equal length as a sort of counter point. 9 of the 25 marks for Edexcel are for evaluations. A good diagram can also snatch you up to four marks if it comes with a good explanation. Also remember to give definitions of key concepts as those are also worth marks. Finally, a conclusion to round out your argument and give your own opinion.At the end of the day it will just take practice. I have used both past AS and A level questions to use as practice. If you can find the time to do some it might aid you.Hope this helps!
So is 2 detailed points enough to get within the 20-25 mk range? Most sites/my teacher have said to do 3/4 point but i never finish it on time.
tunmisesalu
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hey can we do one for OCR any prediction ??
SiberianLIGER
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lemono666)
So is 2 detailed points enough to get within the 20-25 mk range? Most sites/my teacher have said to do 3/4 point but i never finish it on time.
Hi! My teachers have also said to write three points and evaluations if you don't feel confident that you can do a thorough paragraph with clear chains of reasoning. Like you, I've also found myself to be quite short on time so I write two of each. Ensure that your points and evaluations are equally thorough and you will only need two.

Just as a sidenote, I would also recommend that you throw in an additional strong evaluation in your conclusion. This helps to round out your argument and your essay appears a lot stronger this way.
lemono666
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh ok thanks
Hi! My teachers have also said to write three points and evaluations if you don't feel confident that you can do a thorough paragraph with clear chains of reasoning. Like you, I've also found myself to be quite short on time so I write two of each. Ensure that your points and evaluations are equally thorough and you will only need two.

Just as a sidenote, I would also recommend that you throw in an additional strong evaluation in your conclusion. This helps to round out your argument and your essay appears a lot stronger this way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.66%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
32.98%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.57%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.19%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.32%
I’m starting to consider my university options (14)
14.89%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.26%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.13%

Watched Threads