The Student Room Group

A-level English Literature Study Group 2022

Welcome to the A-level English Literature Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - English Literature 7712

Edexcel - English Literature 9ETO

OCR- English Literature H472

WJEC - English Literature

Advance Information:

AQA - English Literature A / AQA English Literature B

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
I do Lang, but I guess I can make my home here too :tongue: On a separate note, Othello is such a pain in the backside imo and I didn't realise how much effort coursework actually is ahaaha
Original post by Bookworm_88
I do Lang, but I guess I can make my home here too :tongue: On a separate note, Othello is such a pain in the backside imo and I didn't realise how much effort coursework actually is ahaaha

I never enjoyed studying Othello either :lol:

Would you find it useful if I create a Lang group as well?
Original post by Evil Homer
I never enjoyed studying Othello either :lol:

Would you find it useful if I create a Lang group as well?

OoH, yes please. It may just be me tho 😁
Original post by Bookworm_88
OoH, yes please. It may just be me tho 😁

We can at least try and see who turns up! Will take a few weeks for people to start finding the groups and start getting involved!
Original post by Evil Homer
Welcome to the A-level English Literature Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - English Literature 7712

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Hello everyone!

- I’m doing OCR.
- Using critics’ quotes is probably the only thing I’m okay with.
- Timings, analysing the texts un enough detail. Actually liking the texts because my syllabus is rubbish! :frown: In class everything is so repetitive all we talk about is transgression/submission in Victorian society and it’s soooooooo boring. For context, I’ve studied: A Doll’s House, Rossetti’s poems and Dracula. Now we are moving onto ‘Outer Dark’ by Cormac McCarthy and I absolutely hate that book so far...
- JSTOR (free), MassoLit (paid) for critics things.
Reply 7
I'm currently in year 12 trying to pick coursework texts and I am struggling to say the least! does anyone have any text ideas? I'm on the AQA exam board and need a pre 1900 text and another text (written whenever). Im interested in looking into how women are presented, societal effects on love or how mental illness is presented.
this is the link to the page with the prohibited texts.
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-a-7711-7712/subject-content-a-level/independent-critical-study-texts-across-time
any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP :smile:
hopefully they remove some of the poems T_T
Hey. Just submitted my NEA this week to the exam centre! So relieved that's done.

Does anyone know when we get NEA results?

I've read the deadline to give grades out is 15th May but just wondered if we get our grades before this deadline?
Hi everyone,

The Advanced Information for exams is out now! Take a look at our TSR Advance Information Megathread for more information and advice. We also have exam boards taking student questions in the thread. Have a look - it's a great opportunity to make sure you understand what you need to revise and put you in a good position to do well in your exams.

Advance Information:

AQA - English Literature A / AQA English Literature B

Good luck! :smile:
Hey! Is anyone doing OCR and studied Grapes of Wrath and Great Gatsby?
I'm doing Edexcel as a private candidate. A centre just told me that they can't accept my NEA unless I'm working with a tutor. Does this apply to any centre?
hey guys, bit random, but do any of you know how strict AQA are with referencing (might have made a slight mistake but aiming for A*)
Original post by Freyamxo
Hey! Is anyone doing OCR and studied Grapes of Wrath and Great Gatsby?

yeahhhh I do Grapes, Gatsby, Ibsen and Rossetti with OCR :smile:
are the online plagiarism checkers real ? cause i put my nea through one ( my NEA is 100% mine i haven’t used anything that’s not from my head except quotes +references) but it says in the checker that i’ve plagiarised from this super obscure website that’s an english and spanish suicide helpline???????
Does the aqa look at the sources from which someone apparently plagiarised?
and say if something like that does come up, do they give you a threshold
Original post by roonilwazlib69
are the online plagiarism checkers real ? cause i put my nea through one ( my NEA is 100% mine i haven’t used anything that’s not from my head except quotes +references) but it says in the checker that i’ve plagiarised from this super obscure website that’s an english and spanish suicide helpline???????
Does the aqa look at the sources from which someone apparently plagiarised?
and say if something like that does come up, do they give you a threshold

I ran a personal statement I wrote through several plagiarism checkers recently, and one told me it was plagiarized even though it was all from my head. Maybe some checkers just aren't legitimate.
Original post by penguingirl18
I ran a personal statement I wrote through several plagiarism checkers recently, and one told me it was plagiarized even though it was all from my head. Maybe some checkers just aren't legitimate.

yeah two i ran it through said 100% original but that one just freaked me out cause a friend said that it’s really good
I have no idea on how to understand poetry for English literature aqa, don't know anything about iambic pantemeter rhyme scheme any of that don't get how to figure out about the structure I need help I'm studying aqa love through the ages rn. Please help, my end of year exams for year 12 are coming up soon. I'm pretty decent with the novel and plays so far done othello and great gatsby but obviously need to improve still not on the a grade no were near at c d range occasionally b. But with peotry I'm completely lost you guys know how to crack poetry and unseen poetry for English literature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending