Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Welcome to the A-level Maths Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

specifications:
AQA - AS // A-level
Edexcel - AS // A-level
OCR- AS // A-level
MEI- AS // A-level
CIE- 2019 exams // 2020 exams onwards
WJEC- AS/A-level

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Evil Homer
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
TLMaths
Haberdashers Maths
MadAsMaths
Solomon Exam Papers
PMT - Maths
CrashMaths
DrFrostMaths
MrBartonMaths
MathsMadeEasy
NaikerMaths
0ptics
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you
I’m sure that many of us will appreciate this thread!

Ice-breaker questions:

What exam board are you on?
Edexcel

What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
I guess all of them, since I haven’t really done much yet and the ones I have done are heavily reliant on GCSE knowledge. I’m aware that it’s done so that there’s less problems down the line, where I have to use the aforementioned knowledge in more complex scenarios.

What areas are you struggling with a little?
None yet, considering that I’ve barely learnt new content. I suppose that modelling with quadratics was the hardest, albeit even that was quite ok in the long run. I’ve heard rumours about later topics; I’ll be watching for those
Have you found any resources online that have helped you to prepare?
Not necessarily prepare, but after constant browsing on TSR, I’ve found a list of resources that many students seemed to use. Some being:
- TLmaths
- haberdashers maths
- madASmaths
- solomon exam papers
- PMT
- crashmaths
- the free E-books that pearson released; they have my gratitude for that
There were a few more but I can’t seem to remember them, heh…
Evil Homer
Rep:
(Original post by 0ptics)
Have you found any resources online that have helped you to prepare?
Not necessarily prepare, but after constant browsing on TSR, I’ve found a list of resources that many students seemed to use. Some being:
- TLmaths
- haberdashers maths
- madASmaths
- solomon exam papers
- PMT
- crashmaths
- the free E-books that pearson released; they have my gratitude for that
There were a few more but I can’t seem to remember them, heh…
Thank you so much and welcome!

I will get to researching the resources you've listed and add them to the official list above tomorrow
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)
I will get to researching the resources you've listed and add them to the official list above tomorrow
Can confirm they're all very good resources :yep: i'd add DrFrostMaths, MrBartonMaths and MathsMadeEasy to the list too!
0ptics
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much and welcome!

(Original post by flaurie)
Can confirm they're all very good resources :yep: i'd add DrFrostMaths, MrBartonMaths and MathsMadeEasy to the list too!
Thank you both! The resources list is getting long at a rapid pace, which is simply astonishing

Chalk naikermaths to the list!
flaurie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you both! The resources list is getting long at a rapid pace, which is simply astonishing

Chalk naikermaths to the list!
yeah we accumulated quite a few resources on last year's thread (here for reference!), haven't checked most of them out for a while though :laugh:

oooh i forgot about naikermaths - probably one of the most useful tbh (for anyone who doesn't know, he adapts old spec exam questions to new spec style so you get loads of new questions to try!)
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
OCR
Quack#1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
AQA-AS
> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
I'm pretty confident in the pure mathematics section.
> What areas are you struggling with a little?
I'm not entirely sure yet, so far I haven't had any trouble so far-although my class is quite behind other classes

Nay, it is a tireless search.
0ptics
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quack#1)

Nay, it is a tireless search.
On the plus side, last year’s study group had so many resources to the point where I feel we should just copy and paste them all here. I think @flaurie posted a hyperlink to it somewhere.
flaurie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
On the plus side, last year’s study group had so many resources to the point where I feel we should just copy and paste them all here. I think @flaurie posted a hyperlink to it somewhere.
here for anyone interested! https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6815772
lunariumxo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Year 2 Trig got me crying bricks and sobbing. Who invented this and why why must you ruin the best topic maths had....
Topsyturvy10
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm Raymond!

What exam board are you on? > Edexcel <3
What bits of the course are you feeling confident with? > Honestly, most of it so far! Stats hasn't been too great so far, but at the very least I understand everything! In pure we just started binomial expansion, and I'm really enjoying it. Maths that makes you think rather than knowing how to add or subtract is what I'm drawn to, and a key part of why I wanted to do A level at all!
What areas are you struggling with a little? > Interpolation. I missed the part where we were taught the formula for it and I forgot to look it up (rip.) I just forget how to do it if I'm not in class learning it.
Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare? > My teachers are using integral and dr frost maths, and they're good so far! dr frost maths is similar to educake in that you can do questions on a particular subject over and over until you get it <3

I'm super happy to be here!
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Right guys the resource list has been updated, thank you all so much for your suggestions!

How is everyone's study going?
satriobimo123
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Right guys the resource list has been updated, thank you all so much for your suggestions!

How is everyone's study going?
So far been great, except for Further Math, it’s just so hard to find the resources for me, I self-study the Paper 3&4 (Further Pure 1 &2) Edexcel. Been looking for a good website to rely on. Any website please? That’d be appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads