A-level Physics Study Group 2022

Watch this thread
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Welcome to the A-level Physics Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Also, check out everything you need to know about your Physics exams with our handy guides:
Edexcel Physics Guide
AQA Physics Guide

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 4 months ago
Evil Homer
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:

The Organic Chemistry Tutor
Science Shorts
PMT
username5794123
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Time to answer some questions!

What exam board are you on?
AQA

What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?
Probably resolving vectors

What areas are you struggling with a little?
Understanding what my teacher is saying in class. I know what he’s doing and how to do it (sometimes) but he really could be more efficient at explaining things…

Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?
Oh no… I really haven’t found much as it’s really hard to find resources that are help. The main ones I found were:
- science shorts (unequivocally the best at explaining!)
- physics online
- PMT

It would be amazing to chat and interact with other a level physics students!
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I'm doing OCR
Quack#1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
AQA
Honestly, I don't feel too confident in anything
Once again, A-level Physics simply dampens my confidence

I go on the Organic Chemistry Tutor videos-they're really albeit long and with many pauses.
Evil Homer
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
Time to answer some questions!

AQA

Probably resolving vectors

Understanding what my teacher is saying in class. I know what he’s doing and how to do it (sometimes) but he really could be more efficient at explaining things…

Oh no… I really haven’t found much as it’s really hard to find resources that are help. The main ones I found were:
- science shorts (unequivocally the best at explaining!)
- physics online
- PMT

It would be amazing to chat and interact with other a level physics students!
(Original post by Quack#1)
AQA
Honestly, I don't feel too confident in anything
Once again, A-level Physics simply dampens my confidence

I go on the Organic Chemistry Tutor videos-they're really albeit long and with many pauses.
Thank you both for your suggestions, they have been added into the list

How are you guys getting on with your studying?
Heixi
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Is anyone interested in studying together ?
I’m in my final year
Doing AQA a level physics
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi everyone,

The Advanced Information for exams is out now! Take a look at our TSR Advance Information Megathread for more information and advice. We also have exam boards taking student questions in the thread. Have a look - it's a great opportunity to make sure you understand what you need to revise and put you in a good position to do well in your exams.

Also, check out everything you need to know about your Physics exams with our handy guides:
Edexcel Physics Guide
AQA Physics Guide

Good luck!
Heixi
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by learningizk00l)
same here!
Would you like to work together
Heixi
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Just for revision , I’ve already applied
batoolfatymah
Badges: 10
Report 2 months ago
Is anyone else struggling with physics as much as I am? I literally can't solve almost all questions. I understand everything in the chapter but just can't answer questions. It is so annoying.
TMan77
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by batoolfatymah)
Is anyone else struggling with physics as much as I am? I literally can't solve almost all questions. I understand everything in the chapter but just can't answer questions. It is so annoying.
Yes this makes sense. Not a fan of the physics course, I hate how the questions are worded and the way they try and trick you on everything, especially multiple choice questions. Love physics as a subject but the A level course makes me want to throw up. I’m very good at maths and find further maths a lot easier than physics, I don’t know what it is. Which topics do you struggle with the most?
Last edited by TMan77; 2 months ago
batoolfatymah
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TMan77)
Yes this makes sense. Not a fan of the physics course, I hate how the questions are worded and the way they try and trick you on everything, especially multiple choice questions. Love physics as a subject but the A level course makes me want to throw up. I’m very good at maths and find further maths a lot easier than physics, I don’t know what it is. Which topics do you struggle with the most?
I struggle a lot with the mechanics section. I tried doing lots of exam questions as suggested by almost everyone but the problem is I don't understand how to begin answering in almost all the questions. The problem is not that I am not motivated or I have'nt tried but I just can't do it anymore.
Heixi
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by batoolfatymah)
Work along with the text book , read the content then answer summary questions . Once you get the hang of it attempt exam questions
batoolfatymah
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Heixi)
Work along with the text book , read the content then answer summary questions . Once you get the hang of it attempt exam questions
I will try that thank you.
Mythical Pingu
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I've made threads for the individaul Physics exams that you may find helpful. You can find them on the directory here.

MP
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
Str8Sika
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is everyone more confident now because of the advanced information?
batoolfatymah
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Str8Sika)
Is everyone more confident now because of the advanced information?
NO, I am confused sometimes I feel like I should just do those topics really well but I am scared at the same time that other topics will come up which is giving me extra stress.
UNNAMED_100
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I'm a Y12
OCR A

The rest of the topics that is not listed in the areas I struggle

Moments
Vectors
Resistivity
Potenital Dividers
Diffraction Gratings (calculating distance between wall and silt)

Physics and Maths Tutor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads