A-level Psychology Study Group 2022

Watch this thread
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Welcome to the A-level Art Psychology Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

specs
Spoiler:
Show

Also, check out everything you need to know about your Edexcel Psychology exam with our handy guide!

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 3 months ago
Evil Homer
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
Seneca
Study Rocket
radioactiveduck
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
exam board: aqa (optional units: gender, schizophrenia, forensic psychology)
bits of the course i’m struggling with: research methods
areas i’m confident with: biopsychology, psychopathology, attachment
online resources: seneca, studyrocket, past papers
Evil Homer
Rep:
(Original post by radioactiveduck)
exam board: aqa (optional units: gender, schizophrenia, forensic psychology)
bits of the course i’m struggling with: research methods
areas i’m confident with: biopsychology, psychopathology, attachment
online resources: seneca, studyrocket, past papers
Welcome

I will start adding these resources to my list above tomorrow morning!
Evil Homer
Rep:
These have now been added to the list!
Kompleksiara
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi
What exam board are you on? AQA

Approaches,Social Influence

Reaserch Methods, Reationships, Biopsychology

Past papers mostly, youtube videos.
SG:)
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Exam Board: AQA

Confident Topics: I've started the course this year, so far we've done Approaches, Research Methods(year 1 content), and we are starting Social Influence.

Struggling Areas: Exam technique

Revision Resources: I'm still trying to find good resources.
_Robyn_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for!

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

specs
Spoiler:
Show

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:
I'm gonna do psychology next year for a levels but I'm worried about the maths. Apparently for my school I need a grade 6 in maths. However I think I can do core maths if I don't get a 6? Anyway what type of maths is included in psychology?
abigail.ody
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
I'm gonna do psychology next year for a levels but I'm worried about the maths. Apparently for my school I need a grade 6 in maths. However I think I can do core maths if I don't get a 6? Anyway what type of maths is included in psychology?
Hi, I'm doing aqa psychology. There's hardly any maths only in the research methods section. It's mostly calculating percentages, mean, median, mode. It's mostly straightforward though. Good luck!
_Robyn_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by abigail.ody)
Hi, I'm doing aqa psychology. There's hardly any maths only in the research methods section. It's mostly calculating percentages, mean, median, mode. It's mostly straightforward though. Good luck!
Oh that's great! I can do the statistics side of it
123ereeerrgh
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hey I am struggling a bit on the revision technique! Where the hell do I start ? Any tips
Last edited by 123ereeerrgh; 3 months ago
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 123ereeerrgh)
Hey I am struggling a bit on the revision technique! Where the hell do I start ? Any tips
Try flashcards, mind maps, quizzes, or tables. For essay plans or AO1 and AO3 separately, when you make the resources you already revisiting content as well as using them as a revision resource
psychostudent18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
personally i use flashcards, it's helpful but I'm not sure how helpful it'll be for others
chloelw04
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 123ereeerrgh)
Past Papers are the way to go if your stuck on how to revise! use the mark scheme after each question you've answered and add to it and improve your answer. make plans for essays and then sit them in timed conditions. Active recall is also really good... get a piece of paper, choose a topic and blurt everything you know about that topic onto a page. it highlights where gaps in your knowledge are and is helpful when trying to know where you should focus your revision. flashcards are also really good- highly recommend making revision resources sooner rather than later though as when its exam period you don't want to be making posters, instead I recommend focusing on just doing past paper questions! Good Luck with your exams! what other subjects are you taking? I'm taking Psychology, Business and Sociology
chloelw04
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)

specs
Spoiler:
Show

> What exam board are you on?
AQA

psychopathology, attachment, approaches, relationships

Biopsychology, research methods, memory, schizophrenia

past papers!! psych boost youtube videos, Seneca, tutor2you, reading model answers
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone!

Hope your studies are going well! This is just a quick reminder that the exams’ additional information is due to be released soon, so keep an eye out for updates about which topics your exams will be focused on.

What topics would you like to see come up this year? Is there anything that you hope won’t make it onto the paper? Do let us know!

Best of luck with your revision!

MP
username5826823
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

Does anyone know whether it is okay to use issues and debates for AO3 in 8 markers for AQA A-level psychology. For example I might do one AO3 paragraph as research support and then another one an issue and debate, eg. nature-nurture. My teachers have said to use issues and debates for AO3 but when I look at mark schemes for 8 mark questions it's not really mentioned. Would this come under 'credit other relevant material'?
hosai
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
guys im really need help. im studying a level psychology exam board (WJEC) I cant find any revision notes or resources and I'm panicking. it's too late to start making revsion notes for component 1 and I've started making revision notes for component 2. I'm being homeschooled as well which doesn't help either

ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED xx
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

The Advanced Information for exams is out now! Take a look at our TSR Advance Information Megathread for more information and advice. We also have exam boards taking student questions in the thread. Have a look - it's a great opportunity to make sure you understand what you need to revise and put you in a good position to do well in your exams.

Also, check out everything you need to know about your Edexcel Psychology exam with our handy guide!

Good luck
IDK.345
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lucytuffnell)
Hi,

Does anyone know whether it is okay to use issues and debates for AO3 in 8 markers for AQA A-level psychology. For example I might do one AO3 paragraph as research support and then another one an issue and debate, eg. nature-nurture. My teachers have said to use issues and debates for AO3 but when I look at mark schemes for 8 mark questions it's not really mentioned. Would this come under 'credit other relevant material'?
Yes, this would come under crediting other relevant material. Issues and debates can be applied as an evaluation AO3 across all topics. Specifically, approaches e.g. the biological approach is nature whereas the behaviourist approach is nurture. You can explain this as not all behaviour isn't due to genetics etc. Another evaluation point would be if a topic is reductionist or determinist, you can explain why being reductionist or deterministic is a limitation. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads