My Music Journey

Watch
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey everyone, my name is Hannah, I'm 14 years old and I love music! I play the flute, piano and I sing and I also write my own songs and compositions. I have a series of goals I'd love to complete and I really want to share my playing with everyone. I stopped taking grades on flute after I completed my grade 8 and I am working towards grade 6 piano this term. I hope I'll post at least once daily on at least one instrument.
I hope you'll join me on my journey!

My first audio is the first section of the first movement of Schubert's Sonata in A minor. The audio quality is horrendous and I'm playing on my second flute so it doesn't sound as bad as it comes across promise! I've been playing this piece for 4 days. https://voca.ro/15j9CDYefExL
Kathrine1
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06)
Hey everyone, my name is Hannah, I'm 14 years old and I love music! I play the flute, piano and I sing and I also write my own songs and compositions. I have a series of goals I'd love to complete and I really want to share my playing with everyone. I stopped taking grades on flute after I completed my grade 8 and I am working towards grade 6 piano this term. I hope I'll post at least once daily on at least one instrument.
I hope you'll join me on my journey!

My first audio is the first section of the first movement of Schubert's Sonata in A minor. The audio quality is horrendous and I'm playing on my second flute so it doesn't sound as bad as it comes across promise! I've been playing this piece for 4 days. https://voca.ro/15j9CDYefExL
Hey, fellow 14-year-old here! I don´t play the flute but that sounded great! I am also trying to do grade 6/7 for cello this term. I also do classical singing (not too great at piano though); what kind of singing do you do?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
(Original post by Kathrine1)
Hey, fellow 14-year-old here! I don´t play the flute but that sounded great! I am also trying to do grade 6/7 for cello this term. I also do classical singing (not too great at piano though); what kind of singing do you do?
Hiya!! I do mainly choral singing, although I love musical theatre singing! I've always wanted to play the cello. Love the sound, but I can't really juggle 4 instruments :laugh: We could do a collab!!
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hiya!! I do mainly choral singing, although I love musical theatre singing! I've always wanted to play the cello. Love the sound, but I can't really juggle 4 instruments :laugh: We could do a collab!!
Sure; that could actually be so much fun to do a collab with I guess flute/piano and cello :yes:!! I also love musical theatre, but my teacher wants me to focus on classical. Btw I´m from Denmark; where are you from?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Sure; that could actually be so much fun to do a collab with I guess flute/piano and cello :yes:!! I also love musical theatre, but my teacher wants me to focus on classical. Btw I´m from Denmark; where are you from?
I'm from UK! Getting out of here when I'm older though. I really want to tour Europe with an orchestra Shame, I'm seeing Everybody's Talking About Jamie on Saturday I bet you're an amazing classical singer
That would be an awesome collab! I've never collabed with a cellist before but the sound from a cello is to die for. Better than a squeaky flute :laugh:
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm from UK! Getting out of here when I'm older though. I really want to tour Europe with an orchestra Shame, I'm seeing Everybody's Talking About Jamie on Saturday I bet you're an amazing classical singer
That would be an awesome collab! I've never collabed with a cellist before but the sound from a cello is to die for. Better than a squeaky flute :laugh:
Oh wow, I´d love to go see that ; idk if it is running in Denmark though. I´m just waiting for Dear Evan Hansen to come out. Omg thank you so much, though idk if I am outright amazing - I am coluratura soprano; what voice are you? But hey, seriously though, a collab could be really awesome. Do you know of any arrangements for flute/cello?

My older brother is actually going on a tour with his orchestra; I think he is going to Greece first in a couple of weeks? I´m so jealous. :awesome:
Last edited by Kathrine1; 1 month ago
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Oh wow, I´d love to go see that ; idk if it is running in Denmark though. I´m just waiting for Dear Evan Hansen to come out. Omg thank you so much, though idk if I am outright amazing - I am coluratura soprano; what voice are you? But hey, seriously though, a collab could be really awesome. Do you know of any arrangements for flute/cello?

My older brother is actually going on a tour with his orchestra; I think he is going to Greece first in a couple of weeks? I´m so jealous. :awesome:
Yeahh at the moment I think it's UK but it could be coming to Denmark! I'm seeing Six next year as well and Heathers on my birthday in November Yess DEH comes out on Friday! I'm so excited. I missed the tour so I'm looking forward to the movie.
I'm a soprano too!! I'll have a look into flute and cello arrangements
Lucky!! I went on a tour to Germany in 2020 and that was amazing. It's such an amazing experience
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Just a few scales on the piano today. Here's D major, harmonic minor, and melodic minor. Still needs work but that's what practice is for
Also, the clicking is my nails that need cutting :laugh:

Major - https://voca.ro/15ryHiKr0aZz

H.Minor - https://voca.ro/1ca8IfIwt0Si

M.Minor - https://voca.ro/11aByBJRgIh2
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeahh at the moment I think it's UK but it could be coming to Denmark! I'm seeing Six next year as well and Heathers on my birthday in November Yess DEH comes out on Friday! I'm so excited. I missed the tour so I'm looking forward to the movie.
I'm a soprano too!! I'll have a look into flute and cello arrangements
Lucky!! I went on a tour to Germany in 2020 and that was amazing. It's such an amazing experience
Omg I wish I could go see those musicals! I know Heathers fairly well, and isn´t Six the one with Henry the 8ths wives reflecting on what happened before they died? Last year I saw Jesus Christ Superstar in concert and it was so good . Sure, I can also try to look at arrangements. Currently I am just struggling because my friend convinced me to play "The Entertainer" with her for 4 handed piano for my school show, and piano isn´t exactly my strong suit .
Going for a tour in Germany really does sound amazing though :yes:
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just a few scales on the piano today. Here's D major, harmonic minor, and melodic minor. Still needs work but that's what practice is for
Also, the clicking is my nails that need cutting :laugh:

Major - https://voca.ro/15ryHiKr0aZz

H.Minor - https://voca.ro/1ca8IfIwt0Si

M.Minor - https://voca.ro/11aByBJRgIh2
Nice!! Btw do you remember how many scales you need for level 6 because I don´t Is it something like C, D, G, and F major, minor (pure, harmonic and melodic)?
Last edited by Kathrine1; 1 month ago
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Omg I wish I could go see those musicals! I know Heathers fairly well, and isn´t Six the one with Henry the 8ths wives reflecting on what happened before they died? Last year I saw Jesus Christ Superstar in concert and it was so good . Sure, I can also try to look at arrangements. Currently I am just struggling because my friend convinced me to play "The Entertainer" with her for 4 handed piano for my school show, and piano isn´t exactly my strong suit .
Going for a tour in Germany really does sound amazing though :yes:
Haha yes, I love the music to all of them. What I usually do is play the music, decide I like it and then watch the musical. The Jamie movie's on Prime btw, it's really good! Luckyyy I really want to see Jesus Christ Superstar!! Last year I saw Les Mis, Carmen and some others.
Ohh right ahahahaha The Entertainer is a popular one. Hmm... Looking at the music Holst's Jupiter I can get in duet and Faure Pavane. I'll send the link https://www.8notes.com/flute-cello_duet/sheet_music/

It was really fun
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Nice!! Btw do you remember how many scales you need for level 6 because I don´t Is it something like C, D, G, and F major, minor (pure, harmonic and melodic)?
For g6 piano it's D, Ab/G#, B and F, major h minor and m minor (not pure though), contrary motion, chromatic, dominant 7ths and dim 7ths
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
For g6 piano it's D, Ab/G#, B and F, major h minor and m minor (not pure though), contrary motion, chromatic, dominant 7ths and dim 7ths
Thanks, I forgot about the chromatic one lol
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Haha yes, I love the music to all of them. What I usually do is play the music, decide I like it and then watch the musical. The Jamie movie's on Prime btw, it's really good! Luckyyy I really want to see Jesus Christ Superstar!! Last year I saw Les Mis, Carmen and some others.
Ohh right ahahahaha The Entertainer is a popular one. Hmm... Looking at the music Holst's Jupiter I can get in duet and Faure Pavane. I'll send the link https://www.8notes.com/flute-cello_duet/sheet_music/

It was really fun
Btw is it ok if I DM you about the duet? I think the theme from Jupiter sounds like a pretty good idea
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Thanks, I forgot about the chromatic one lol
Ahahha it's okay
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Btw is it ok if I DM you about the duet? I think the theme from Jupiter sounds like a pretty good idea
Sure!!
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sure!!
I just realized I haven´t been part of the TSR community long enough to send DMs (I joined on... Sunday idk?) but nvm. I just though about how the collab would work? I mean we can find an arrangement and I have a classmate who is really good at tech stuff who could help make recordings "fit" together (tech isn´t my strong suit )?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
I just realized I haven´t been part of the TSR community long enough to send DMs (I joined on... Sunday idk?) but nvm. I just though about how the collab would work? I mean we can find an arrangement and I have a classmate who is really good at tech stuff who could help make recordings "fit" together (tech isn´t my strong suit )?
Ahh right, I've been on TSR since December :laugh: it's a shame we can't do socials on here. Yep, we can but I think we'd have to pay which is annoying. That would be good, I'm hopeless at tech too, there's a recording studio at school so I could try to use that for my part so I don't have such useless audio :laugh:
Kathrine1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Ahh right, I've been on TSR since December :laugh: it's a shame we can't do socials on here. Yep, we can but I think we'd have to pay which is annoying. That would be good, I'm hopeless at tech too, there's a recording studio at school so I could try to use that for my part so I don't have such useless audio :laugh:
Idk, I can maybe try to write an arrangement on Musescore though I am not the best at it :laugh:. Oh that sounds so cool; is it music school, or does your actual school have an actual recording studio?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Idk, I can maybe try to write an arrangement on Musescore though I am not the best at it :laugh:. Oh that sounds so cool; is it music school, or does your actual school have an actual recording studio?
Ooo yeah I could try an arrangement on Noteflight.
I go to a weird school :laugh: It's a spec music school so it's just an ordinary academic school but with SO MUCH music and amazing music facilities.
So both :laugh: It's a music school and my actual school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.56%
Okay (86)
29.35%
A bit lacking (107)
36.52%
Not good at all (72)
24.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise