The Student Room Group

No one EVER wants to get close to me

I’m a 21 year old girl

People tend to like me, or at least they tend to not dislike me. I’m never the person that people tend to bond over *****ing about if you know what I mean.

However, I really really struggle to form meaningful friendships and relationships and have all my life. Last year my uni flat and I all got on amazingly, however no one picked to live with me - I was good friend with them all, they all just had a ‘special’ friendship with someone else. This year I’m in a flat of 5 people I vaguely knew. Three of them have gotten really close, and those 3 hate another one of the girls. No one really dislikes me but I just never manage to get into that ‘close’ bond that people form. So, what I know will happen is next year the 3 will pick to live together and I’ll be stuck again.
Every friendship I’ve ever had has been like this.

It’s also in relationships. Or lack of. I wouldn’t say I’m ‘very attractive’ but I’m decent enough looking that sex is very very easy for me to find (altho I don’t have it much) but like I can easily kiss boys in clubs for example.

Anyway, I’ve never ever ever got beyond a one night stand with a guy (I’ve only had 2). Never been asked out for a drink, or a date or ever been in a relationship. I’ve never even been in a talking stage.
This one really gets me down.

I’ve just started a new job at the same time as another girl and I can already see her starting to form bonds with people that I just can’t form.

I still see my uni friends regularly and we all still are friends but I find it so incredibly hard when they all go back to their lovely flats and have fun and laughs and watch movies and eat their dinner together and I spend every waking moment that I’m in my flat alone.

It’s so painful, and I’m old enough now that I feel this might never change for me. I even have a brother who I have zero relationship with. No one EVER wants to be close to me

What can I do 🥺 it’s heartbreaking to have never been enough for anyone
Reply 1
Nahh im average looking, like I’m definitely attractive enough that it’s unusual I’ve NEVER been asked out but I’m not super hot or anything
Reply 2
It’s hard tho, I’m not THAT young and I still want meaningful connections in my youth. It’s just deep sinking loneliness all day every day
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a 21 year old girl

People tend to like me, or at least they tend to not dislike me. I’m never the person that people tend to bond over *****ing about if you know what I mean.

However, I really really struggle to form meaningful friendships and relationships and have all my life. Last year my uni flat and I all got on amazingly, however no one picked to live with me - I was good friend with them all, they all just had a ‘special’ friendship with someone else. This year I’m in a flat of 5 people I vaguely knew. Three of them have gotten really close, and those 3 hate another one of the girls. No one really dislikes me but I just never manage to get into that ‘close’ bond that people form. So, what I know will happen is next year the 3 will pick to live together and I’ll be stuck again.
Every friendship I’ve ever had has been like this.

It’s also in relationships. Or lack of. I wouldn’t say I’m ‘very attractive’ but I’m decent enough looking that sex is very very easy for me to find (altho I don’t have it much) but like I can easily kiss boys in clubs for example.

Anyway, I’ve never ever ever got beyond a one night stand with a guy (I’ve only had 2). Never been asked out for a drink, or a date or ever been in a relationship. I’ve never even been in a talking stage.
This one really gets me down.

I’ve just started a new job at the same time as another girl and I can already see her starting to form bonds with people that I just can’t form.

I still see my uni friends regularly and we all still are friends but I find it so incredibly hard when they all go back to their lovely flats and have fun and laughs and watch movies and eat their dinner together and I spend every waking moment that I’m in my flat alone.

It’s so painful, and I’m old enough now that I feel this might never change for me. I even have a brother who I have zero relationship with. No one EVER wants to be close to me

What can I do 🥺 it’s heartbreaking to have never been enough for anyone

i feel like this too sometimes. one of my friends (that i've been friends with since we were 6 yo) we've recently became close to each other. But i don't want to get attached to her and thing is she sometimes acts on and off because of her mental health so everyone has excuses but she did something that really hurt me she blocked me on her TikTok account she's got 2 accounts a only friends one and her other one so she blocked me on her only friends but we were literally close and i didn't even know until last week and it feels so s*** because i don't know what i even did for her to block me on it. The other day we were literally talking to each other in class and sitting with each other. Today she unblocked me and acted like she didn't and i acted like i didn't know she unblocked me but yeah. but the only advice i have is you probably feel self conscious about yourself and other people probably don't think like that about you. there are so many people out their that you could become friends with don't think ur missing out because your old uni friends are closer or etc because you will trust me get a good friend group one day.
I relate to you on the relationship. I am alright looking, and I can get guys who wants to sleep with me, but I'm not interested in that. Similar with the friendship situation, luckily I found a friend who has stuck with me for a couple of years. But my other friends, I struggle to fit in, they have their own jokes, have guys who wants to go on dates with them and I feel like no one is interested in me or to the extent where I feel like I am boring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending