The Student Room Group

SQE 1 Exam - July 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LAwgirl2020
Oh that's a good idea, I do need to get my act together and enrol on the course lol, then I think that will give me the motivation to actually dust off the books and do some reading! I don't know if memorising case law would be necessary, certainly not at this point. Perhaps refreshing yourself on the principles then the most important case law under the principle might be better to do? I am not entirely sure, but assume that case law will come up in the exam but might not be the same way it does in our law undergrads. I know what you mean, same here! I do not want to be resitting for several reasons including cost! :smile:

Hey @LAwgirl2020 barbri are doing 10% off prep courses today if you haven’t already enrolled! It’s only if you enrol today so I can’t get the discount (I called up lol) but just fyi! ☺️
Original post by aspiringsol95
Hey @LAwgirl2020 barbri are doing 10% off prep courses today if you haven’t already enrolled! It’s only if you enrol today so I can’t get the discount (I called up lol) but just fyi! ☺️

Hey! Ah thanks so much! I will see what they have on offer today!
Reply 62
Hello,I know this is an old post, but I have questions regarding SQE 2. From reading the posts, most of you will (hopefully) have passed SQE 1 and be preparing SQE 2. I have questions regarding the providers. I don't know which one to choose between Bar bri, University of Law and QLTS. I think one person took a screenshot of Bar bri results and it was 79%...I think Bar bri is only online?Which provider do you prefer and why?Many thanks
Original post by Romas83
Hello,I know this is an old post, but I have questions regarding SQE 2. From reading the posts, most of you will (hopefully) have passed SQE 1 and be preparing SQE 2. I have questions regarding the providers. I don't know which one to choose between Bar bri, University of Law and QLTS. I think one person took a screenshot of Bar bri results and it was 79%...I think Bar bri is only online?Which provider do you prefer and why?Many thanks

e posts, most of you will (hopefully) have passed SQE 1 and be preparing SQE 2. I have questions regarding the providers. I don't know which one to choose between Bar bri, University of Law and QLTS. I think one person took a screenshot of Bar bri results and it was 79%...I think Bar bri is only online?Which provider do you prefer and why?Many thanks

Hi, I am on week 2 of my 40 week course with barbri so can’t comment on the SQE2 yet. I am unsure from your post if you’ve already done SQE1 or not but so far barbri has been really good. The recorded lectures and textbook are clear and easy to understand. I feel like I made the right decision. I have heard mixed reviews about the SQE2 with barbri with the general opinion being that SQE2 with barbri isn’t as good as the SQE1 course (but that does not mean to say it’s bad) I will be seeing what the results are before enrolling though
Reply 64
e posts, most of you will (hopefully) have passed SQE 1 and be preparing SQE 2. I have questions regarding the providers. I don't know which one to choose between Bar bri, University of Law and QLTS. I think one person took a screenshot of Bar bri results and it was 79%...I think Bar bri is only online?Which provider do you prefer and why?Many thanks

Hi, I am on week 2 of my 40 week course with barbri so can’t comment on the SQE2 yet. I am unsure from your post if you’ve already done SQE1 or not but so far barbri has been really good. The recorded lectures and textbook are clear and easy to understand. I feel like I made the right decision. I have heard mixed reviews about the SQE2 with barbri with the general opinion being that SQE2 with barbri isn’t as good as the SQE1 course (but that does not mean to say it’s bad) I will be seeing what the results are before enrolling though

Hello

Thanks for your feedback.I am a LPC graduate, so I didn’t need to sit for SQE 1. My concern was that Barbri was fully online, whereas University of law is face to face. It’s been a while since I finished my LPC, so I’m a little bit worried…
Original post by Romas83
Hello

Thanks for your feedback.I am a LPC graduate, so I didn’t need to sit for SQE 1. My concern was that Barbri was fully online, whereas University of law is face to face. It’s been a while since I finished my LPC, so I’m a little bit worried…

Hey. barbri is fully online so I do understand the concern about sqe2 as I have I had similar thoughts.

Are you looking to sit the course in October or next April? I think it might be worth waiting to see what the results are for each provider before making a decision. That’s what helped me decide 😊
Reply 66
Hey. barbri is fully online so I do understand the concern about sqe2 as I have I had similar thoughts.

Are you looking to sit the course in October or next April? I think it might be worth waiting to see what the results are for each provider before making a decision. That’s what helped me decide 😊

Hello

I would like to sit in October 2022. So waiting to see the results for each provider for students who sat for SQE 2 in April 2022 is not an option. Indeed, the results will be released end of July (14 to 18 weeks after the exam), so after the start of Barbri and University of law preps in June. When are you going to sit?
Were you happy with your LPC at University of law?
I have another concern. Because it is a new exam, I might not pass on the first attempt. If you comply with certain conditions, Barbri allows you to repeat the course. But if you go with UOL and you fail, you'll have to pay again...
Original post by Romas83
Hello

I would like to sit in October 2022. So waiting to see the results for each provider for students who sat for SQE 2 in April 2022 is not an option. Indeed, the results will be released end of July (14 to 18 weeks after the exam), so after the start of Barbri and University of law preps in June. When are you going to sit?
Were you happy with your LPC at University of law?
I have another concern. Because it is a new exam, I might not pass on the first attempt. If you comply with certain conditions, Barbri allows you to repeat the course. But if you go with UOL and you fail, you'll have to pay again...

Ah, I see what you mean. Hmm, in that case try and look out for reviews in the next for weeks for SQE2 course providers, I imagine there will be some now that students have finished the course.

I didn't do the LPC. I did my undergrad a few years ago and then decided that I wanted to qualify so I decided to do it under the SQE route and chose Barbri. Barbri offers a guarantee which is good as you'd only be paying to resit the exam. I think you get access to the SQE1 materials as well if you choose to do the prep course with them. I am not too sure what other providers offer though
How's everyone's prep going?
Original post by annie1994
How's everyone's prep going?

Hi, I’ve recently started FLK2 so I am still in the process of learning the material at the moment. How about yourself?
Hi everyone! Hope all're doing well after the SQE 1. I was wondering if someone could share their experience with passing SQE 1 preparing with Barbri? Was SQE 1 much harder than the questions tested in the Barbri course? Do Barbri provide enough information for preparation for SQE 1? Thank you in advance and wish you best luck with results!
Hi everyone!! How did you find the SQE exams? I prepared with Barbri and felt like the exam was more difficult than the mocks!
Hi looking forward to updates on how 2022 July exams were for those who took the prep course and those who dint. I am trying to self study and finding it difficult to stay on track.. anyone looking to joint studying for Jan 2023 exams, please let me know
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending