Raynerm
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This question has probably been asked countless times. Good University accepting points?
I am doing a BTEC combo and A level and EPQ. I am on track for D*D plus a C in A and a A in EPQ which I am happy with. Looking at universities that accept points I am well within range. I start to look up the scale the grades are required (it seems). Does that mean I would not get in for a course asking for ABB as an example ? I am in the grey area I think but it would be helpful if anyone can shed light on this. Thank you
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Subject at Uni?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Raynerm)
This question has probably been asked countless times. Good University accepting points?
I am doing a BTEC combo and A level and EPQ. I am on track for D*D plus a C in A and a A in EPQ which I am. The happy with. Looking at universities that accept points I am well within range. I start to look up the scale the grades are required (it seems). Does that mean I would not get in for a course asking for ABB as an example ? I am in the grey area I think but it would be helpful if anyone can shed light on this. Thank you
Most universities dont accept ucas points. Some lower rated do but as you put it "good" or leading universities dont. The real question is whether a university will make an offer to somebody with a C. Some will others wont but if they do make an offer it will be the standard grades. You could try a couple of AAB universities whilst ensuring you have some where you meet the grades or points.
Raynerm
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Subject at Uni?
Business related degrees
Raynerm
Rep:
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Most universities dont accept ucas points. Some lower rated do but as you put it "good" or leading universities dont. The real question is whether a university will make an offer to somebody with a C. Some will others wont but if they do make an offer it will be the standard grades. You could try a couple of AAB universities whilst ensuring you have some where you meet the grades or points.
Thank you. There are a couple uni’s whom are looking for ABB and I am thinking of those rather than AAB as it’s one grade closer. I kinda feel a bit deflated really with my A*A in BTEC as it doesn’t seem to make any difference with applications. It’s either one or tother …..struggling to find somewhere the inbetween. I either go lower where I have lots of insurance policies or higher where I am just shy of. I am trawling through lots of uni’s and just thought to ask of any that are already known
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. There are a couple uni’s whom are looking for ABB and I am thinking of those rather than AAB as it’s one grade closer. I kinda feel a bit deflated really with my A*A in BTEC as it doesn’t seem to make any difference with applications. It’s either one or tother …..struggling to find somewhere the inbetween. I either go lower where I have lots of insurance policies or higher where I am just shy of. I am trawling through lots of uni’s and just thought to ask of any that are already known
If you have an AAB university in mind go for it. Even if you are rejected you still have 4 others. You are only 1 grade short of it and universities might drop a grade because of the EPQ. The issue is that nobody can definitely say that you will get accepted. It will also depend on how strict marking is going to be this year. Last year was so untypical of previous years with 3 times the numbers getting A* than in a normal year. This led to universities having to accept more students than in the past. A couple of years ago under exams 40% got onto courses with 2 grades below. None of us can predict what will happen this year but there is a strong possibility you will be offered AAB and accepted with D*DC and an A in EPQ.
Raynerm
Rep:
If you have an AAB university in mind go for it. Even if you are rejected you still have 4 others. You are only 1 grade short of it and universities might drop a grade because of the EPQ. The issue is that nobody can definitely say that you will get accepted. It will also depend on how strict marking is going to be this year. Last year was so untypical of previous years with 3 times the numbers getting A* than in a normal year. This led to universities having to accept more students than in the past. A couple of years ago under exams 40% got onto courses with 2 grades below. None of us can predict what will happen this year but there is a strong possibility you will be offered AAB and accepted with D*DC and an A in EPQ.
Thank you. Loughborough is my favourite 🤩 I play a lot of sport and the facilities look awesome.
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. Loughborough is my favourite 🤩 I play a lot of sport and the facilities look awesome.
Depending on what sport you play Bath, Exeter and Durham have excellent facilities as does Cardiff Met if you are looking at somewhere lower graded.
Last edited by swanseajack1; 1 month ago
Raynerm
Rep:
Depending on what sport you play Bath, Exeter and Durham have excellent facilities as does Cardiff Met if you are looking at somewhere lower graded.
Thank you. I loved the look of Durham but a grade 7 in GCSE math was required. I am also looking at Exeter. I like any sport but hockey, rugby and mountain bike are my current main sports
swanseajack1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. I loved the look of Durham but a grade 7 in GCSE math was required. I am also looking at Exeter. I like any sport but hockey, rugby and mountain bike are my current main sports
Have a look at Cardiff Met and Swansea for rugby and probably hockey. Both play or did in BUCS Super Rugby. Cardiff Met also plays in Welsh championship on Saturdays the level below the Welsh Premiership. Second tier Welsh rugby playing the likes of Pontypool and Neath.
Raynerm
Rep:
Yes I will do just that. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.08%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.84%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.72%
Finding the motivation (32)
26.89%
Getting distracted (16)
13.45%
Procrastination (49)
41.18%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.84%

Watched Threads