ala_8
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Guys, can someone give me an argument against Human Rights law and why it shouldn't exist?
da_nolo
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
what could you ever define as human rights?
well today you will know they dont exist.

we see countless times in history where these rights are provided by govt. and taken away. if we have a right to it, how could govt. manage it?

when rights do exist, uh recognized that is, there are conditions that apply to make sure only a few benefit. *points into crowd*
you are too old. you too dark. you over there, why you dont have the right education.

in our age we have seen these rights increased to include things that in the past were privlidges. because! these 'rights' are but human constructs to build a false sense of control. govts. are bound to the people and therefore people create these things.

lets consider your right to life. in society, you have a right to live as you are. now put yourself out in the ocean, like many a brave sailors. get knocked overboard and now swimming to sustain your life. where is your right to life then?

in honest these situations show when we are in society as well. whether our health fails or becomes targeted by another. and we'd all can do it. target another life that is.

you there, for gold. sir you'd do it for love. oh and miss in the back I saw you duck your head. id bet your the love. we'll keep.it hush from his wife. oops, she came with. ...
but now. now everyone. hold on to your laughter, this gives another example. our persuit of happiness.

your persuit for happiness? how many suffer from bullying then? rights infringed some may say. an expression to having no right I'd say. because we can not force this recognition onto another. this concept is not recognised at first either. a right would be something everyone has and therefore everyone would recognize, given a sound mind. but is that bully a sound mind? some may ask. I dare ask then, how many of sound mind took our countries to war? how many of sound mind followed such leaders or put them in to lead? bullies - and must we question their minds or believe very well they knew their doings? should we really question the whole of society? oh they knew. they knew their actions. we knew them. actions that again take that first right - mentioned here - your right to life. yet these men of sound mind stomp over it just as anyone within our free market over takes your persuit.

human rights? an illusion I dare say.

-----

maybe that was good. i tried to put a special talk into it. but the book stormship troopers has a conversation in it where human rights are questioned. a good book too. ots available for free listening on youtube but I dont know the minute for when the convo occurs. I do know it comes up when Rico is remembering his education, so maybe when he is in boot camp.

another possible route is to take is to mention evolution I tbink. we evolve from animals who dont have rights and therefore we dont.
Last edited by da_nolo; 8 months ago
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
An argument against Human Rights laws?

I guess it comes down to cultural differences, the right for a country to do what it wants in its borders in accordance with Westphalia.
ala_8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Thank you for the response, you have so many ideas, can you help with an argument for Human Right?
(Original post by brjf)
An argument against Human Rights laws?

I guess it comes down to cultural differences, the right for a country to do what it wants in its borders in accordance with Westphalia.
(Original post by da_nolo)
what could you ever define as human rights?
well today you will know they dont exist.

we see countless times in history where these rights are provided by govt. and taken away. if we have a right to it, how could govt. manage it?

when rights do exist, uh recognized that is, there are conditions that apply to make sure only a few benefit. *points into crowd*
you are too old. you too dark. you over there, why you dont have the right education.

in our age we have seen these rights increased to include things that in the past were privlidges. because! these 'rights' are but human constructs to build a false sense of control. govts. are bound to the people and therefore people create these things.

lets consider your right to life. in society, you have a right to live as you are. now put yourself out in the ocean, like many a brave sailors. get knocked overboard and now swimming to sustain your life. where is your right to life then?

in honest these situations show when we are in society as well. whether our health fails or becomes targeted by another. and we'd all can do it. target another life that is.

you there, for gold. sir you'd do it for love. oh and miss in the back I saw you duck your head. id bet your the love. we'll keep.it hush from his wife. oops, she came with. ...
but now. now everyone. hold on to your laughter, this gives another example. our persuit of happiness.

your persuit for happiness? how many suffer from bullying then? rights infringed some may say. an expression to having no right I'd say. because we can not force this recognition onto another. this concept is not recognised at first either. a right would be something everyone has and therefore everyone would recognize, given a sound mind. but is that bully a sound mind? some may ask. I dare ask then, how many of sound mind took our countries to war? how many of sound mind followed such leaders or put them in to lead? bullies - and must we question their minds or believe very well they knew their doings? should we really question the whole of society? oh they knew. they knew their actions. we knew them. actions that again take that first right - mentioned here - your right to life. yet these men of sound mind stomp over it just as anyone within our free market over takes your persuit.

human rights? an illusion I dare say.

-----

maybe that was good. i tried to put a special talk into it. but the book stormship troopers has a conversation in it where human rights are questioned. a good book too. ots available for free listening on youtube but I dont know the minute for when the convo occurs. I do know it comes up when Rico is remembering his education, so maybe when he is in boot camp.

another possible route is to take is to mention evolution I tbink. we evolve from animals who dont have rights and therefore we dont.
hotpud
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ala_8)
Guys, can someone give me an argument against Human Rights law and why it shouldn't exist?
Human Rights give everyone equal rights whatever those rights might be. The problem comes when someone is deemed to be unworthy of those rights and then all of a sudden no one likes human rights any more.

Notable current issues are the fact that human rights stop us deporting migrants back to their country of origin if there is a high chance they will be murdered upon arrival (this surely is a good thing).
Also, there was a hilarious case of the UK government vs. Abu Qatada, charged with spreading hate and incitement to violence but couldn't be deported by the then incompetent Theresa May because her lawyers didn't seem to understand human rights legislation.
da_nolo
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ala_8)
Thank you for the response, you have so many ideas, can you help with an argument for Human Right?
did you want it as a rebuttle to what I previously posted or something new?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
since you are looking for help with your homework i moved your thread to study help

what exactly is the question. is the question why shouldn't human rights law exist or why should the UK's existing human rights law not exist (ie said law is insufficient and should be replaced with something else)?
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
They are arbitrary and there is no effective way for a citizen to demand they are upheld in the case of despotic governance
ala_8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
did you want it as a rebuttle to what I previously posted or something new?
Just anyhow is fine
ala_8
Rep:
(Original post by Joleee)
since you are looking for help with your homework i moved your thread to study help

what exactly is the question. is the question why shouldn't human rights law exist at all or why should the UK's existing human rights law not exist (ie said law is insufficient and should be replaced with something else)?
Thank you, yes the question is just in general about human rights
da_nolo
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ala_8)
Just anyhow is fine
okay. hm...
we know human rights exist based on two points. first, it is important to note that although these are objective, we all can have contradicting view points as to how they work, what they are, and if they exist.

1. they are innate in all of us. regardless to how, everyone wants them applied to their daily life.

eevenx: right to life. we seek our own existance and survival to be uninterrupted by another, and to do as such is considered as a whole, fair and equal. a thing that applies to everyone. if it does not, then there is revolt and the current system is considered corrupt i.e. unfair.

if we argue over what rights we have, this is better than to expect they dont exist,

2. some form of right exist in all cultures. some form of desire for them to exist in all societies. seeing this supports point 1.

(honestly I had another point 2 but forgot it. how'd I do?)
ala_8
Rep:
okay. hm...
we know human rights exist based on two points. first, it is important to note that although these are objective, we all can have contradicting view points as to how they work, what they are, and if they exist.

1. they are innate in all of us. regardless to how, everyone wants them applied to their daily life.

eevenx: right to life. we seek our own existance and survival to be uninterrupted by another, and to do as such is considered as a whole, fair and equal. a thing that applies to everyone. if it does not, then there is revolt and the current system is considered corrupt i.e. unfair.

if we argue over what rights we have, this is better than to expect they dont exist,

2. some form of right exist in all cultures. some form of desire for them to exist in all societies. seeing this supports point 1.

(honestly I had another point 2 but forgot it. how'd I do?)
Thank you for the pointers, they're good. If you remember the other points just post them here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (12)
32.43%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (12)
32.43%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
5.41%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
5.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
5.41%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
16.22%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads