6 months break to focus on weight loss

Watch
Carmille
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,I don't know what to do anymore, i've been having issues with my weight since i was 12/13 when i use to eat junk food all the time during school and at home. I have for the past few years or so tried to lose lose weight but it has only ever worked 1 time when i was around 20/21. I didn't realise how much weight i had lost and only now when i look back at the progress pictures do i see it. I went down to around 130lbs. I currently live at home with my parents and i'm an emotional eater. I work from home since the pandemic started and thankfully i'm permanently able to work from home. I work most of the afternoon from 1pm -10pm. I have been going to the gym for the last 2 week and have lost 2lbs. I've had to take 2 weeks of as i got a cold and didn't want to be around other people during this time. I really want to lose most of the weight if not all of it by then. I'm not comfortable in my body at all and have low self esteem. I am happy with my self internally but when i look at my self physically it really breaks my heart. I don't have anyone around me to up lift me in my life and i keep myself to myself. My parents are old school and only want me to focus on work or education, nothing else matters in this world.I have now lost the motivation to work out at all, the last 2 mornings i have slept in and turned off my alarm. I want to take the next 6-7 months of from work and only focus on weight-loss. I'm in a dead end job with no progress and make minimum wage (England) I am currently teaching myself so i can go into tech. My low self esteem has stopped me from going for new jobs as i hate interviews with how i feel about myself. I want to move out of my parents house and live alone for this time and i don't want any distractions and want to my life to revolve around working out, eating healthy and creating new healthy permanent habits. There's nothing i want more right now in my life than getting into great shape and i can't think of another way of doing it. I know my parents won't understand but this is something i need to do for my future self and i know i will never regret if i did this.If you guys had the opportunity would you guys take it? Would it be too much to handle.Thanks for reading and i would love to hear what you think
Lotasaurus
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Firstly, I know this is something a lot of people say but your weight doesn't matter! Either way, you look beautiful, so you shouldn't let it bring you down. If you feel like you need to exercise more to lose weight then I recommend doing exercises which can be at home or at the gym every few days, but you shouldn't make it your only focus! It's important you have a balanced life and that you are still eating well and focusing on yourself and your self-esteem. If you want to take a break from working that's fine too if you know that is what you want, but you shouldn't spend your time only thinking about weight loss because it can be very stressful and damaging to your mental health. Plus, losing weight can take time so don't pressure yourself with getting it done fast either! I'm not excellent at giving advice but I hope this helps
super_hannah
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maintaining a healthy weight is important to avoid prospective health issues such as diabetes and problems with the heart due to excess strain. I used to be severely overweight until a couple of years ago where I lost 4 stone and I’m still not where I want to be! It takes time, dedication and resilience! If you want to take a break then it’s no problem whatsoever!! I do it every now and then too and I go to the gym 5x a week.
I gave up uni after years of struggling with health issues and I really decided to put 100% into my well-being. I now study online and exercise and it’s the best I’ve ever felt in all my life and helps my anxiety so much too. It even makes me more productive. Such a worthwhile investment I can assure you because if you are determined, you will get there! All the best 😊
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Height, sex, current weight, target weight?

It sounds like you are conflating 2 issues; not being interested in your job and your weight. You actually have plenty of time in your current working day to address your health and fitness without losing out on income or spending money on dead rent; anyway, do you think you'll get a short tenancy and will a landlord take you on without a job? What if you've got to spend money on kitchen equipment, furniture etc?

Do you know what triggers your emotional eating? Have you looked at getting professional help for that and your general health and well-being? You don't even have to go to the gym; walk, cycle, dance, do an online fitness class. Learn to cook healthy meals. Make a diary of what you want to achieve each say and stick with it.

Don't make weight loss your sole focus; it should be part of your life, but integrated in with everything else. If you take time off, you'll lose the routine and maybe struggle when you have to go back to having a job and still shop, cook, eat healthily and exercise. Continue to work and study, and schedule in some time for everything else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads