hairdresser and head lice eggs?

Watch
beneficialgirl
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have had the most horrible problem with nits the last year and 2019 - not in 2020 as that was 'lockdown era'. But in the last couple of months ive had headlice around 10 times due to living at home with my young sister. Granted, ive only seen one actual nit I usually just get the eggs.

Not only do i get headlice from home but i seem to get it from uni too! anyway i thought i had head lice a week ago due to itching and nit combed and did a nit treatment but found nothing (I just had white stuff in my hair) i still went ahead and did the treatment, changed my bed clothes, washed my brushes etc (im use to the routine now). Yesterday i still had some white stuff in my hair so i nit combed, again i found nothing but the white specs had reduced. Tomorrow im meant to go in to the hairdresser to get a braid done but im wondering if they'll turn me away if they see any white specs in my hair? They're mostly gone but there's a few odd ones i just cant seem to get rid of them ALL and its extremely stressful. I'm thinking of even going to the doctor. Will they turn me away even if they see one spec? At this rate im not even sure if its lice since ive not seen a live one and have thoroughly nit combed.
Kimyunzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Use mustard oil mixed with lemon or coconut oil mixed with neem oil, rosemary, tea tree
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kimyunzi)
Use mustard oil mixed with lemon or coconut oil mixed with neem oil, rosemary, tea tree
She wants a solution for head lice, not a recipe for salad dressing.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The NHS specifically advises not to use tree or plant oils as a treatment:

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 17.26.18.png
Views: 13
Size:  137.4 KB
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Everyone in the house needs to be treated, otherwise those head lice ain’t going anywhere.
Straighteners are a wonderful tool for getting rid of lice, in my personal experience 3 times spaced out fairly evenly in two weeks will do the trick.
Kimyunzi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
The NHS specifically advises not to use tree or plant oils as a treatment:

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 17.26.18.png
Views: 13
Size:  137.4 KB
People have used oils for centuries in India and Asian countries and they have successfully treated lice and have amazing hair. I had lice and used these oils and they are gone.
So don't try to teach me
Kimyunzi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
She wants a solution for head lice, not a recipe for salad dressing.
These are solutions which work wonders but of course here people who are ignorant will come and respond rudely. What a site
HorribleHatty
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you absolutely certain this isn’t dandruff?

Regardless - wash your hair with fairy liquid, comb it out (I do this with kittens so you’ll be fine). Put in some leave in conditioner (I like hair food - the yellow one - but it really doesn’t matter). Dry your hair a little so it doesn’t rot. Can you French plait? If you can do that. If you can’t tie your hair up in a tight pony and plait it. Can’t plait? Three sections - left into middle, right into middle, left into middle etc etc etc. Doesn’t need to look tidy, doesn’t matter if you go over or under. Just side to side into the middle.

Honestly this sounds like dandruff so head and shoulders is your best bet as a starter, but if it’s nits the fairy will get them.

ETA - Ring the hairdresser to warn them if you’re worried about being turned away.
Last edited by HorribleHatty; 1 month ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
People have used oils for centuries in India and Asian countries and they have successfully treated lice and have amazing hair. I had lice and used these oils and they are gone.
So don't try to teach me
Your experience does not trump the NHS's advice. In this country, that is the advice that we follow - please do not spread misinformation. This is against TSR's rules.
Kimyunzi
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Your experience does not trump the NHS's advice. In this country, that is the advice that we follow - please do not spread misinformation. This is against TSR's rules.
This ISNT misinformation. And I'm British. So don't teach me.
Last edited by Kimyunzi; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
8.9%
Okay (57)
29.84%
A bit lacking (67)
35.08%
Not good at all (50)
26.18%

Watched Threads