Applying to uni without the correct entry reuirements.

Watch
Gingerwave
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to study politics at Bristol University but I don't have an essay a level which is required. I studied maths, bio and chem and got 3 A*. I also got a 9 in history and english lang at GCSE so I am not incapable of writing. Is there any point applying or will I automatically be rejected? When I picked my subjects I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I discovered I don't actually have a strong passion for science and maths so I really want to study politics. Due to being autistic I need to go to Bristol university as that is where I grew up and I can't cope with too much change at once.
srijan_p
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Does the uni have an enquires email or telephone number for you to talk to them about this with?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gingerwave)
I want to study politics at Bristol University but I don't have an essay a level which is required. I studied maths, bio and chem and got 3 A*. I also got a 9 in history and english lang at GCSE so I am not incapable of writing. Is there any point applying or will I automatically be rejected? When I picked my subjects I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do and I discovered I don't actually have a strong passion for science and maths so I really want to study politics. Due to being autistic I need to go to Bristol university as that is where I grew up and I can't cope with too much change at once.
If you don't have the minimum required entry qualifications, which in this case includes an essay-based A level, then your application is going to be automatically rejected. No exceptions.

Why did you do all science/maths A levels when you wanted to do politics at university - did you change your mind about your degree late on or something?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gingerwave)
Have you though of doing an essay subject this year within a year to get over this. Alternatively look into Bath, Exeter or Cardiff which are fairly close so you can commute daily

McGinger Given your knowledge of Bristol admissions is there anything you can suggest. Is there a foundation year or anything.
Last edited by swanseajack1; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
McGinger Given your knowledge of Bristol admissions is there anything you can suggest. Is there a foundation year or anything.
Have a look at : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/study/foundation/ - this would be accepted for a Social Science degree.
Other than that, UWE - no subject requirements - https://courses.uwe.ac.uk/L290/polit...onal-relations
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (13)
10.32%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (2)
1.59%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.35%
Finding the motivation (35)
27.78%
Getting distracted (17)
13.49%
Procrastination (50)
39.68%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads