GCSE Students: what areas of Maths do you find most difficult?

Watch
Thamesmonster
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am trying to create educational resources for some GCSE students - which topics do/did you find the hardest? I don't just want to use my own experiences bc I might have found different things difficult to other people.
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i find wordy equations the hardest.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When I did my GCSE, nothing tbh.

Maths is a walk in a sunny summer park, with a fresh breeze of air and sparkling lemonade.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
lcfrmrngstr
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Checking whether a certain linear equation was tangent to another quadratic equation, and finding the points where the two graphs intersected. I was able to find the answers for these questions, but I had no intuition of why they actually worked. It took me the first chapter of A-Level Maths to actually understand the reasons for why we did them.
Ambiguous Super
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Looking through past papers, probs circle theorems and grade 9 level trig is always the things students need help with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.42%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.57%
No (81)
26.3%
I'm not sure (33)
10.71%

Watched Threads